Speculations of MW's new ride

Well im not complaining about any extra info. I think its a joke how on the American/European coaster sites there is always plenty of inside info going around freely with regard to new rides, keeping in mind these parks have similar policies, yet here it seems to be critisized heavily, to the point where threads have been locked because it was supposedly too early to be told (Case point Shrek 4D). And then people wont give info about the ride by saying you should wait for the press release, but that is stupid because all they ever say is the basics with a lot of buzzwords about the ride (Eg with superman; "Australias first catapulting coaster") that we already knew. Its not as if they have press releases containg the info normally spoken about on the forums that we are interested in (Eg vehicle types, ride statistics, specific elements, layouts, detailed themes etc etc) so i dont see the point of keeping these things secret. Though with Rabid it is fair enough because people know who he is so there is an issue there. But as far as im concerned the ride is out in the open now so there is no point keeping anything secret now. What is the fear? that DW could find out? The ride type is already known so that is the main thing if DW wanted to build a competing ride, the theme is also not worth keeping secret because DW cant use WB trademarks, The stats arent worth keeping secret because it will be smaller than any of DWs rides (since launched freefall rides have a limit of about 70m from memory so they wont be worried with that, and location and other smaller details wouldnt be a threat because i think DW has enough on its plate with the waterpark without worrying about the finer points of how MW does things. So yeah, if you have info post it, or at least tell someone who can post it for you.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I completely agree with Gazza's previous post. What is the point of a theme park discussion site if we can't add a few spoilers, rumours and inside info now and then? How boring just waiting for the 'official announcement'. The parks managements sure have us wrapped around their little fingers

I don't think anyone is saying people can't post. All that was said is why SOME people CAN'T post because their identity is known. And if you think WVTP management don't read this forums you're very wrong, hell this site was brought up on my induction day and 3 members of this site were identified by the guy that was training us... everybody knows everything that goes on when it comes to people at wvtp.

I know, but the point i was trying to make is the flawed logic in keeping ride details super secret, basically IMO the ride type is the most important thing to keep secret because that is the main aspect of the attraction, but once that is known i see no reason to keep anything else under wraps. So can anyone give a description or gat a pic of this drawing in the staff area?

Yes but who you should be telling this to is WVTP and not it's employees. Regardless of what we think regarding wether or not the ride should be kept secret the point is that they are keeping it secret so we have to as well. Anyone who took a photo and posted it of plans in a back of house area would either be very stupid or very brave. There is a strict policy regarding the taking of photos back of house and I'm pretty sure they would go on a mission to find the culprit if such a photo got posted on here.

There are implications to revealing information that go beyond even WVTP's policies. Things like insider trading come into play with this kind of thing, which the Australian Stock Exchange does very much frown upon. If a park staff member says no, then this means no. Most people would value their job well over making a few theme park fans happy or getting bonus points for knowing what a park is getting before anyone else. How would knowing information change the fact that the ride won't open until a set date? Ask yourself this before you pressure people who have already given a resounding no into revealing information that will potentially jeopardise their job.

ok guys this is about my last post on here for ever cause i see its becomming a rather agressive area in which ppl are posting remarks which are completely outta tone. and being a WVTP employee once my self those of you who are not need to sit down, shut up and read on. as u know little if not none of what goes on behind those doors all u have is speculations and what we say. and the point made about the ride being secret and the managers caring, bullsh*t i have lost count of the amout of times ive over heard food an bev supervisors talking to guest about the new ride and lets face it if WVTP managers where that worries about the word getting out they wouldn't tell there staff. full stop.HOWEVER i do agree with richard take the lil bits of info we drop and use em how ever ya feel cause wen we say 'NO MORE' we mean NO MORE. well fact is after the other day i am no longer a cast member for WVTP as i have quit to move on to bigger and better things cya guys

Edited by livean_letlive

Yeah, my main point was more the fact that people tend to be critisized when they post up information rather than the fact as to wether people do it or not. I said before that you wouldnt post info if you knew it was going to get you in trouble or if your identity is known, so there was no pressure there. As for the insider trading stuff, rubbish, it has been announced at a function (Im taking a guess but there might have been alcohol there which might not have made the group good at keeping secrets), and now again in the staff area plus as Liveandletlive said staff are activley telling guests, so its not a super secret (Eg limited to the Board), plus it might have already been announced to shareholders fairly quietly in a report (Im checking that now). I daresay the ASX might have jumped on it already if it were a true problem.

I think it will be an extension to gotham mansion, you go underground into a themed area simlar to the 3D batman ride and then theres a reason to escape the mansion. You jump on, your shot out and then exit. Will be awsome if MW puts alot of attention into pre-show themeing as the general public will se it as a smaller giant drop.

The Giant Drop is the worlds tallest freefall ride, so it is highly unlikely that Movie World are going to build anything that matches its height, and, as Gazza said, these things cant go that much over 70m anyway.
When you think about it that's still a decent height and taking in to account that it launches more than once I hope so the total of the distance freefalled could come close, just not all at once! I look foward to seeing this thing for real when it's done!

Unfortunatley, the double shot you are thinking of has an even lower max height (about 60m) and even then, the second launch starts about halfway down the tower (not at the bottom as you might have gathered from RCT) But one area this ride will defintiley win out in is Capacity. Currently GD runs only 8 passengers at a time on a fairly long ride cycle, but the space shot ride is pretty fast, with 16 passengers in one go. But often the towers are built in pairs or groups of three, and sometimes even a group of four, so you can multiply that capacity out, so the queues will end up being shorter. Add to that the better theming the ride will inevitably have, and the net result is a better ride.

^The general public would probably prefer the view from the top of GD, I mean, they couldnt care less about what WnW looks like. As GoBoi said, if they do opt for a shorter version, the GP will probably prefer GD because its 'bigger', and there would be a nicer view from the top. (Assuming MW does go for the shorter version). Anyway, I'm just happy that MW is opening a new ride, and, IMO overtaking DW as the best Aussie park.

Edited by goliath