Speculations of MW's new ride

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh ok I didnt know that sorry, Move world is gonna look so cool when you walk through the arch. I have an idea for the bat wing escape. There should be small plastered buildings around it making it look like the scum parts of Gotham city and the operators quickly tell you to get on because of the water fragments are poisonous and making everyone crazy (batman begins) and there should be a small fake hallway and water pipes should be going against the wall bursting with just smoke making it like the poisonous water spray. Then you go up to get away from it and while you go up the whole room is filled up with smoke. By the way I think they should update the batman virtual ride. it should be changed with people in the batmobile trying to blow up the train track while dodging buildings and going over big jumps which I think would be fun, and at the same time both rides have something in common. Just some ideas.

Edited by aidan

Oh ok I didnt know that sorry, Move world is gonna look so cool when you walk through the arch. I have an idea for the bat wing escape. There should be small buildings around it making it look like the scum parts of Gotham city and the operators quickly tell you to get on because of the water fragments are poisonous and making everyone crazy (batman begins) and there should be a fake hall way and water pipes should be going against the wall bursting with just smoke making it like the poisonous water spray. Then you go up to get away from it and while you go up the whole room is filled up with smoke. By the way I think they should update the batman virtual ride. it should be changed with people in the batmobile trying to blow up the train track while dodging buildings and going over big jumps which I think would be fun, and at the same time both rides have something in common. Just some ideas.
Only problem i think they will face with this ride where themeing is concerned is the lack of space it is such a small area. i mean it looks a fair size now but once ya get the que rails and the actual ride in there im guessing there wouldnt be much room at all. coming from an employees point of view i think there spending there money in the wrong areas wild west area needs a major face lift, 'wild west bugers' is due for total recon in the near future some time but they need some thing up that way to possible replace boot hill grave yard possibly maybe even the arcade as i find it a waste of space i hardly ever see anyone up there at all really however i guess they know what there doing right? haha

What? Do you think that would suggest yet another new ride? If so... go Movie World!! No wonder Dreamworld is adding off-beat little attractions like the FlowRider, they just can't compete with Movie World when it comes to new REAL rides at the moment
no im not sure about a new ride but i think it wud ne a good idea :D espcially in the west area but nothing has been decided on that yet as far as im aware

See, I only really have one hope for the new ride, and that is quick painless queueing (Ie, no story, no pre-show, and the 12 or so people for the next ride counted out before the end of the previous). Just make it a painless process, and it'll be a winner as far as I'm concerned. Besides, whats the point of a full story if as soon as it blasts off its irrelevant anyway? Just make it easy to get on and off, theme the surrounding area, and thats about perfect for me.

Dr. Dooms is well themed in that comic book kind of way (as you'd expect) - the entire queue convincingly looked like something out of a kids' sci-fi cartoon. I personally that, thought though well done, it was a bit over-the-top and didn't pull off because unlike rides like Spider-Man or Hulk, where the pre-ride theming added tremendously to the storyline, it serves little purpose on a 20 second ride. I'm all for immersive themes when done properly, but when you're talking a simple little thrill ride like this it's not necessary. We all know Movie World has neither the budget nor the creative manpower to pull off a Universal-standard attraction (certainly not on a non-major ride like this), so lets hope they don't try.

Considering I am getting a bit of a reputation due to some of my recent negative posts I wanted to add something positive for a change. I just wanted to mention how impressed I am with Movie World. I could not think of a better or more appropriate ride for the park at this time (the S&S Tower) . I also love the fact they are adding this ride so soon after Superman Escape and Shrek 4D. I want to reiterate that this is a really good thing and a great choice by Movie World... I don't have one bad thing to say about it

This ride will have great surrounding theming without the story just like DCA, when the park decided on a S&S tower last year they wanted to make sure the was no enclosed theming at the bottom, as it will be a lot cooler for the general public watching to see the fear on the riders faces as they take off.

This ride will have great surrounding theming without the story just like DCA, when the park decided on a S&S tower last year they wanted to make sure the was no enclosed theming at the bottom, as it will be a lot cooler for the general public watching to see the fear on the riders faces as they take off.
I think that this is a great choice made by Movieworld. Why does a short thrill ride need extensive theming? It is just a waste of time and money. I also think that there should be some sort of interactive experiences in the queue. For example - The could have burst water pipes which spray out that jet of smoke at people randomly that you see on SE when come in and out of the building. I think it would be a cool idea considering you will be in a queue for over 30 mins (on crowded days) so it would add just a little bit of excitment to the theming. Edited by Coaster Boy 6

I personally have never understood the mentality of opening new attractions on Boxing Day, when (QLD) school holidays generally begin around the first week of December (I think it was the 9th last year). Surely opening at the commencement of the holidays would further increase attendance for these first few weeks. –Dan.