Speculations of MW's new ride

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heres something I posted on Ozcoaster, but for those of you who dont go there here it is. Basically its just a quick skectch for my sort of idea for how the ride could look. I have tried to keep in line with what has been said (Eg simpler, less immersive theming, no story, openess) Basically the launch zone is behind a cast iron fence to match with the manor, so people can go up and look through the bars at the launch. The queue would be mainly housed under a replica of the batwing, and this would be the queues only main feature (Which could work to the parks favour, as a single large thematic element would be a great photo op and would be memorable, so people might spread about the ride by WOM). It would be at an off kilter angle and would be propped up by a few bent beams to give crash landed look. This would be further enhanced by scratches over the craft, wreckage strewn around the ride (This would be cheap to do, just visit a scrapyard) and removed panels on the under belly that expose the inner workins of the craft. This could provide the element of interest the people wating below, as smoke machines, sparks (by strobes), mist etc could leak from the craft. The overflow queue (not shown) would be housed under shade sails with the batman logo.

post-88-1151731983_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gazza

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, went to movieworld on sunday. the footer area for the new space shot, is flooded with rain water. Any how, its now 18th july, i cannot see this ride being built by september holidays. Also I guess by the footers we are getting a single tower, not like disney or knotts 3 tower shot. still 2 train opp on sunday on superman, everytime we lined up we got onto a train next ride.

I'm sure the incredibly heavy we experienced on Saturday night will have put a halt on things at least temporarily. Weather delays will have been included in the construction schedule, so I wouldn't be too worried unless we get some serious uncharacteristic weather (of course it wouldn't be the Gold Coast without bizarre weather). I went for a 18km hike up in Lamington National Park on Saturday and spent the night camping at O'Reillys. Just our luck that it was the location of the state's highest rainfall for the weekend with 55mm. It was a very wet night.