Dylaan

RCT3 Park Recreation - Movie World

110 posts in this topic

Wondering if anyone has any time to make a recreation of Movie World for RCT3, I can provide track designs but for the rest you're on your own!

Wondering if anyone has any time to make a recreation of Movie World for RCT3, I can provide track designs but for the rest you're on your own!
I've been thinking about doing this for awhile and reckon I'll go ahead with it... so that would be very handy if you did that.

The files are attached! [EDIT]: I haven't done WWF or the Looney Tunes Coaster. You may be able to get the files for them of an RCT2 version of Movie World. Just ask Matty_0_911, he did an rct2 recreation and im sure he will have the files still!

_CompactInverted_MovieWorld.zip

Edited by WnW_Rocks

I might try to make a track file for Superman Escape but I think it will be pretty hard to do. Rct3 doesnt take up much space unless you have all the expansions installed and its still not much compared to my 160gb hard drive. :P

I might try to make a track file for Superman Escape but I think it will be pretty hard to do.
I don't think it would be hard at all. Loading station, tunnels with earthquake bits... cars coming through roof, particle effects/waterpits for gushing water etc... then the launch section, build the track and colour the train yellow, the track red and supports blue. Put in the buildings the coaster goes through, brick up the entrances accordingly for the headchopper effect, etc etc. Not to mention put in the custom scenery lockers at the start, which I have, make up the textures for the subway station and put a Custom Stall in at the end. WnW_Rocks, let's get on this hey? What's your MSN?

I'm not much at theming... how do you make custom scenery? And I don't use msn much anymore but you can still PM me on here! Hope we can get this working!

Quick RCT3 question: How do you make it so when using the Hersheys Stormrunner track the train doesnt launch out of the station? For example I would want the train to leave the station normally, and then get launched later on in the ride. Thanks.

Quick RCT3 question: How do you make it so when using the Hersheys Stormrunner track the train doesnt launch out of the station? For example I would want the train to leave the station normally, and then get launched later on in the ride. Thanks.
As far as i know you can't get it to not launch out of the station. Try putting a row of block breaks right after the station at a slow speed, I foud that worked for me.

Another way would be to set the launch speed really slow, then have a blockbreak at the point where you want the ride to launch, and set this at your desired launch speed. Just be sure you dont acutally want to use block breaks during the ride, cause I dont think it would work too well! (using this method also means that you can turn any coaster into a launch coaster!)

Another option is to use a lift chain with a fast speed using the david braben cheat. Also, just a suggestion for WWF, use the log flume as the ride type (Not splash boats) so you can have a turntable.

Edited by Gazza

Ok, I have been thinking. Obviously if we did a recreation of MW, we wouldn't be able to do the Police Academy stunt show and a few things like that. So maybe we should combine the rides of MW, DW and WNW and throw in the Viking's Revenge flume ride, Corkscrew and pirate ship of Seaworld. The park layout could be a mix of all the parks. We've probably all dreamt about all the theme parks being put together as one, this is our chance to see it realised in some form :)

Nah... Police Academy is the only ride that i can think of that couldnt be translated properly, but even then you could build the back drop and put the car theming objecs in there. Plus id rather see just a "pure" mw.

This is a good link to go to for finding out how to create custom scenery. http://sebar.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_cre...oaster_Tycoon_3
So did that link answer your questions, WnW_Rocks? So. Let's get rolling on this. Sunday I'll be in MW at the unofficial meet and Daniel's going to have his digital camera there so we can take some reference photos. I reckon we start with the carpark/entrance and do Batman Adventure: The Ride/Superman first and work my way to the back, leaving Wild Wild West for last.

I agree, although I'm no good at custom scenery so I might need some help or someone else to do it! If anyone else is interested just let us know!