RCT3 Park Recreation - Movie World

Dylaan

Been working on this park for a couple of days and here is some pics of what i have added. The Batman and Looney tunes rides have been filled inside with various rides and this is to get peeps to use them as when i fist had only one ride inside no one used them. Have yet to finish shops and main street plus police academy ride but you get a rough idea of the park layout and various areas i have nearly completed ie western area. Will update pics when i have worked on the Looney tunes and main street areas. Modified pics 15/07/07 Have removed pictures to down load and put in some construction pictues in as i am running out of room.

post-841-1184586149_thumb.jpg

post-841-1184586170_thumb.jpg

post-841-1184586190_thumb.jpg

post-841-1184586217_thumb.jpg

post-841-1184586242_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brendan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a few more aerial shots of the park progress to date, still working on main street and looney tunes areas. The Police Academy area has four shows where the grand stands would normally be. Taken three shots from three corners of the park. Two shots of wild west area.

post-841-1183677775_thumb.jpg

post-841-1183677807_thumb.jpg

post-841-1183677844_thumb.jpg

post-841-1183677873_thumb.jpg

post-841-1183677897_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brendan

Main street update, Over the weekend i started on the right hand side of main street i have kept the rides inside these building as when i first built Warner Bros Movie World i could not get more then 1000 peeps in the park now that i have 40 rides i get 2300 peeps in park due to higher ride capacities. Will keep working on park hope to get left hand side done this weekend. Matty O, thanks for your words of support your Dreamworld park is still the best recreation i have seen ! Enjoy the pics.

post-841-1184561769_thumb.jpg

post-841-1184561796_thumb.jpg

post-841-1184561816_thumb.jpg

post-841-1184561835_thumb.jpg

Main street update, Over the weekend i started on the right hand side of main street i have kept the rides inside these building as when i first built Warner Bros Movie World i could not get more then 1000 peeps in the park now that i have 40 rides i get 2300 peeps in park due to higher ride capacities.
Hope I dont sound too critical, but the main point of doing a recreation is to accurately portray a park, rather than having one that pulls in people (It doesn't matter that you could only get 1000 people) Though what you have done looks awesome, I guess you could always just delete the rides within the buildings when you are done. Edited by Gazza

Thanks for constructive criticism, After I complete this recreation (really a modified WBMW) I will put two versions out so everyone can download them 1) My modified versions with extra rides inside the buildings 2) A true recreation with only the real rides inside the buildings Version 2 will take some time as I will need to re-do the whole front entrance as it is out of scale and this will shorten not only main street but the batman and entrance plaza round about also. I didn't notice the jumping fountains and have removed them. Here is an aerial overview and yes I know WBMW does not have fireworks as you can see in the attached picture I will remove all these added item in version two when I complete it. In my modified version I will be including new areas to try out new ideas I have so far thought about, 1) Sci-fi themed area with dueling Matrix red and blue roller coasters 2) Toon Lagoon area like Islands of Adventure but based around Cartoon Network cartoons 3) Harry Potter area like the recently announced Islands of Adventure one 4) Simpson’s "Springfield" zone recreate part of the town I know this will change the look of the recreation to a modified WBMW and that’s why I will do two versions, I really started doing the recreation so I could design a new area within the park and see what that would look like. Cheers Brendan

post-841-1184584416_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brendan

Dude, great job. And by the way, don't worry too much if people are telling you to take out the extra stuff. You have gone to the trouble of making the thing so if you want to add some things in here and there go for it. That being said, I do hope you make an accurate one though. I started making one of my own but really don't have the time now. Something that I did discover that looks really good is having those white sound stages, and adding the WB logo on to them using the banners availabe with the Wild expansion pack. You can also use the banners to have the Movieworld Sign on the arches and adding some movie posters to the side of buildings etc. So far I think the one you have made looks great, keep it up.

Wow, looks pretty realistic and very nice actually. Just another bit of advice, you can use a "generic" stall that is just a plain counter, and doesn't look like an oversized food item. Use these instead inside buildings since it is more realistic (and looks better), and you can set the item to be sold to whatever you want anyway. Plus you can set the colour of the counter to whatever you want, making things look even better.

• 2 months later...

No updates sorry, it will take approx 50 hours to finish so hope to have this done in Nov as i am visiting Movie World for a holiday in four weeks so i can add the latest attractions in to have a more complete recreation. The park has taken over 100 hours to get to this stage so with me starting a new job i just have not had time to work on this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

New year & time to finish this WBMW GC recreation. Have started a fresh park and will be as accurate within the RCT3 limitations. Yes i will put the new roof on and will only have the parks featured rides no additions people can do that as once im finished yes i will posting the park online for all to download and use. Will take two months to complete as i spend about 1 hour per day adding to park and will post new pics 2-3 times per week as i finish a section or major ride. Cheers Brendan Opps thought i was uploading the thumbnails pics, can some one remind me how to load the images so they appear on post and wont have to be downloaded.

Shot0044.bmp

Shot0013.bmp

Shot0046.bmp

Edited by Brendan