Theme park special on tv tonight

Morphix

Does anyone have the feeling they have seen these stories before on the Great Outdoors? I know for a fact that the Tokyo Disney footage was just a repeat. It was aired late last year, I watched it. Warner Brothers Movie World also featured and they showed NOTHING of Supernam Escape! My guess is that it was all filmed before Superman even opened. All they showed was Shrek 4D. Dissapointed. Seaworld also featured, and I had the feeling it too was just a repeat. No footage or shots of the Corkscrew (not that it's a major new thrill ride, but still it's the only Arrow Corkscrew here in Australia). Dreamworld, oh sorry I meant the Wiggles also made a lengthy appearance. Nothing was mentioned of Dreamworlds thrill rides like the 'Claw', Wipeout, TOT, Giant Drop or even Cyclone. They could have included at least a quick segment on the thrill rides available at Dreamworld. Luna Park Sydney was hardly even a feature. It was only Just a couple of quick shots of the UFO, Troika, Tango, Ferris Wheel etc.. I realise now they must of been really stuggling to get enough material for this 'Special'. Knotts Berry Farm was acceptable viewing. Both GhostRider and Xcelerator were featured. The other parks featured were simple and very average. Just not really 'the Best Theme Parks' in the world.

Edited by Flip The Man

^I did get the feeling they were aiming all the Australian Parks at children, with Wiggles World, Shrek 4D and the Werribee zoo. Also, some of the footage was just repeated, I know i have seen Ernie Dingo at the Brighton Pier before on TGO. I was also looking forward to some footage of SE and The Claw, but must admit they did a good job covering Universal Studios and Knotts. Made me remember how good the USH Studio Tour was. Also, dont forget tomorrow night on Nat Geo, 7:30 the Kingda Ka construction documentary.

Edited by goliath

Hey all, I'd seen the Universal Studios segment before. It aired last year. You don't even go over the collapsing bridge anymore. It was decommissioned last year. The Hong Kong Disney segment was also a direct copy from last year (with some things edited out). So were all the Australian parks segments. I find it hard to believe that you can do a show about theme parks and not mention anything in Orlando. To me that just seems ridiculous. Why is it that the travel shows never ever seem to go there? It's bizarre. I know LA is the more popular US destination for Australian tourists - but surely enough people are interested to at least warrant a few stories in almost 10 years on air! Mickey C

Guys at the top of the thread, it was Hong Kong Disney not Tokyo. :) How can you tell well oreintal land copr put millions into the Tokyo Disney Resort (Disneyland and Disneysea) and the results are amazing theming wise compared to the other parks in the world. The show was good but you could only really count Knotts as one of the top parks in the world.

I think that was a repeat from when it showed last year (just with some little bits in it because Shrek and the Wiggles weren't in there from memory), not actually a new show because as someone else said the networks arent going to try to compete with the Games..even Dancing With The Stars (which gets aloooot of viewers every week) had a special on because they knew they wouldn't get the viewers like usual because of the Games. Also they said that it was Hong Kong Disneyland at the start, don't know where you got Tokyo from.

I think that was a repeat from when it showed last year (just with some little bits in it because Shrek and the Wiggles weren't in there from memory), not actually a new show because as someone else said the networks arent going to try to compete with the Games..even Dancing With The Stars (which gets aloooot of viewers every week) had a special on because they knew they wouldn't get the viewers like usual because of the Games. Also they said that it was Hong Kong Disneyland at the start, don't know where you got Tokyo from.
Yeah, they didn't mention Superman Escape and King Kong is no longer at Universal Studios Hollywood because of the Revenge of the Mummy ride replacing it - and apparently, you can see King Kong during the ride, tucked away in the darkness. That was definitely a repeat that segment because I remember Jennifer Hawkins getting picked up by the Blues Brothers at the end. I would had a segment on Orlando Universal and Islands of Adventure instead. Overall it was quite lame. What was better last night was on Discovery Channel on Foxtel - Megastructures episode about Kingda Ka's construction, down to the track, hydraulics etc...and all the problems they encountered. VERY VERY interesting.

King Kong is still at Universal Studios Hollywood. They have the old one (on the Studio Tour) and they've also added a new one to reflect Peter Jackon's version of the creature. The new one is outside and you can get your photo taken with it (the staff will even take it for free if you've got your own camera).

^adam is correct, it was ET the ride that was replaced by The Mummy. I use to love ET those bikes were so cool and when ET said your name at the end was groovy. I have a friend you works on the mummy and he say the new KING KONG is amazing, so good work weta workshop New Zealand.

• 3 months later...