Have A Dreamworld Interview This Week

Gold Coaster

This week I've got a group interview for a position at Dreamworld. While there is a variety of other positions such as lifeguard etc (though not retail sales, they have been filled), I'm going for a Ride Attendant one so that I can enjoy the terrified expression on some people's faces :P Anyway, just wondering if anyone had any tips for me. I was told they don't require any previous experience in such a position. But yeah, any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

all i can say is this: REMEMBER THE PLACE THAT YOU WILL BE WORKING IN WHEN YOU ARE IN THAT INTERVIEW. If possible, i would suggest going into the park prior to the interview. watch the operators, and talk to the ones who seem really happy (if they are able to whilst working that is...). Above all, in the interview, be happy, enthusiastic, and above all, have no qualms about embarassing yourself in a nice way if the group interview gives you the opportunity. Bottom line is this is a THEME park. although these days most theme parks have drifted from the "disneyesque" style, but typically a person more angled towards "living the dream" will be more likely to gain the position.

Thanks Alex for the tips. I didn't have the chance to go to the park beforehand but have done Movieworld recently & was at Wet N Wild last weekend [18th] so that kind of helps.

Sorry got no tips but how did you score an interview?
It was advertised in the Weekend Bulletin last weekend (or maybe it was the weekend before). Still is BTC Employment at Beenleigh which is where the group interview is. Edited by Tony Teulan

Thanks Alex for the tips. I didn't have the chance to go to the park beforehand but have done Movieworld recently & was at Wet N Wild last weekend [18th] so that kind of helps. It was advertised in the Weekend Bulletin last weekend (or maybe it was the weekend before). Still is BTC Employment at Beenleigh which is where the group interview is.
My interview is now Wednesday so bumping this to get additional tips as well as insight into what they ask you/look for/some perfect things to say... would be awesome to work in a theme park :) Edited by Tony Teulan