OzCoasterFreek

New Water Attraction For Dreamworld...

101 posts in this topic

This was what was in my E- Newsletter Brand New Attraction Coming Soon Dreamworld’s next big attraction is an Australian First and will open in June 2006. Get ready for an unrivalled, aquatic experience that combines skills and thrills for the whole family. Stay tuned cause this one will blow off your boardies! Well, just by that last bit, I am guessing that it's a wave pool, but who knows!

As far as I can see, there hasn't been much construction around the park (apart from the Dreamworld Waterpark), well maybe they could officially announce the Dreamworld Waterpark, and they finally keep the fountains on Wipeout on. I don't know. Whats the water situation like in QLD?

Yes. Its a single rail suspended coaster, but the cars fill with water at the station, and riders can squirt people in the line, and also people underneath the train.

Sounds great and all, but has anyone seen any sort of construction which may suggest this?I mean unless the ride is a traveling ride, how the hell could they construct itin the next few months to have it open within the next few months.

They look pretty lame. Why add a water attraction when they're building a water park? Who wants to get wet in a theme park when they can do it all day long (starting December 2006)...

I'd imagine it'll be some sort of temporary attraction... DW has a tendency to bring in temporary stuff when they don't want to spend the big bucks on a new ride

How can you make a temporary RollerCoaster? Especially if it's a Vekoma RollerSoaker! I recon it could be something to do with both parks like it has a station in Dreamworld and another one in DWWP and somehow.....

How can you make a temporary RollerCoaster? Especially if it's a Vekoma RollerSoaker!
No-one said it was going to be a coaster. Also, I think, considering Dreamworlds latest rides, it's much more likely to be an intamin soaker, if it is even going to be one. I'd say most parks would be looking to stay away from vekoma from now on, even if they are cheaper, quality pays out in the long run. Considering how little we've heard, only a few months from the opening date, I wouldn't expect it to be anything too big, seeing as most of the time there is a press release even before construction starts. Can we all please think about things a bit more before jumping to conclusions, it's starting to get annoying. Edited by scott

Yep, their coaster footers. I was talking to an op last time I went and he wouldn't say much but he said that Dreamworld were looking at getting a new rollercoaster although it wouldn't be anything record braking but still something worth while!

Somehow I don't think this will be a ride:

Brand New Attraction Coming Soon Dreamworld’s next big attraction is an Australian First and will open in June 2006. Get ready for an unrivalled, aquatic experience that combines skills and thrills for the whole family.
Is a roller coaster an Australian first? Does it require skills? Could it really be called an aquatic experience? Sounds more like a flow rider to me... If Dreamworld is getting a roller-coaster in the next few years, it wont be something small. It will need to be as good if not better than Superman Escape otherwise it'd be pointless.

Somehow I don't think this will be a ride:Is a roller coaster an Australian first?
It would be if was a ride of that type (roller soaker)
Does it require skills?
Yes, both aiming ability from those on the ground and the ability to time your water dumps well when you are on the ride.
Could it really be called an aquatic experience?
Yes because it involves water and you get soaked. But considering it is an interim attraction i doubt it will be that big anyway.