New Water Attraction For Dreamworld...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, it probably will do better in terms of capacity than cyclone. A few things to keep in mind though: -People tend to wipe out straight away so that keeps capacity resonable. -It may be an upcharge attraction -It could be a dual flowrider, bascially a normal one with a little divison down the middle which would double capacity. -It could operate in DW for a few months with access in from ocean parade (currently the ride is near the TB station), but when the water park opens they may close off acess from ocean parade and make it a water park only attraction. In a water park setting it would be fine for capacity.

Yeah, im hoping for them too, but i reckon the Master Blaster is better because the Proslide Rocket uses belts rather than water jets, which arent as good because they arent as smooth, are noisy and aren't a pure water attraction. One thing i would love to see though is an enclosed mammoth type slide. I loved mammoth at WnW because of all the air you got on the walls, and terror canyon was cool because of the darkness, but its lines can get very long. Now combining these would give you a very awesome ride (Unique here too) but capable of high thoughput. The other thing i want to see is a decent body slide complex, with regular flumes, enclosed slides, toilet bowls, turbo tunnels , free falls etc.

Couldn't agree more Gazza. Master Blaster and an enclosed Mammoth have my vote too!!! I'm really looking forward to finding out the lineup for the park, and with the 'gaurantee' of unique ride types I can't help but wonder off into a dream-world (pardon the pun) of all the possibilities. With April quickly coming to a close, surely it won't be too long before the ride selection is public knowledge? Regardless, excitement is building with every day that passes.

A master blaster would definitely be a wise addition and if we don't receive one I will be somewhat disappointed. I am slightly concerned with a few things so far - 1. The only 2 confirmed attractions are a wave pool and flow rider (please DW enough of the waves... we want slides etc.) 2. The size of the park 3. The crappy names DW has suggested

I went and checked out the Flowrider the other day and I seem to think that there will only be one machine. Its foundation is up and the concrete is all set too, its taking shape. The wave pool hole is all dug out too and there are finally signs on the construction barrieers saying: Dreamworld Water park coming soon with pics and bright colors, I will try and get it on here, im without a computer for a few days...

I wish they would tell us about something exciting, I mean we've already got a Wave Pool at WNW so that's really nothing special and the flowrider sounds ok but if that's all they're having plus a few flume slides I don't really think it will be that spectacular. And look at the size of their land compared to WNW! No-one knows anyone who works at DW do they? C'mon we need some more info!

While I was there the other day I was talking to the nice old lady behind the counter of the old cyclone exit building in front of the TB station. She tells me that the water park will wrap around the cyclone and into the land that was the TB. So it seems that the flowrider will be apart of Dreamworld for now but will be closed off after they open the waterpark and become apart of it. Also this frees up a bit of land for the park. Still foolish idea to wrap it around the cyclone.

Well I don't see how it's a stupid idea, because everyone is always complaining about the fact that the cyclone is all out there on it's own. This sort of blends the ride in and gives the riders something more interesting to look at whilst riding apart from an old service road and dead grass.

Plus everyone seems to be forgetting that waterparks need MUCH less space than a theme park, I think people have just got the wrong idea because WnW is so spread out and the slides seem to follow a more serpantine layout down the hill (Eg like the white water mountain slides). I mean they could seriously save space and just have only a few towers with like 8 slides coming off each tower that all wrap tightly around it to save space. And take super 8 at WnW for example, there is a huge amount of space below it you could use to tuck a few slides under. Also, T bone is right, its not foolish because the area around cyclone cant really be used for much else and because its just more space for the waterpark, slides would work well because they can be easliy intertwined with cyclone (fingers crossed for a slide through the loop or in the helix). I can just imagine a mammoth rafting slide winding its way through with some enclosed ones twisting down through the loop, or maybe a speed slide that races paralel with the first drop, the possibilities are endless. It could also have the benefit of them sprucing up the area a bit. Also, add this to my wishlist of attractions.

post-88-1146049598_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gazza

I think wrapping them around cyclone (or the area) is a great idea, at the moment cyclone has that out there feeling..it's apart of dreamworld but it's soo far from everything else it feels like it's out there and a million miles away. Wow Gazza, where is that? you could litterally spend all day there and not do anything else!

It was in Kobe: Japan, but was destroyed in the Kobe earthquake :( But it just shows what you can do with limited space. Each pool in that complex has 6 slides and by the looks of it there are 6 or 7 pools so that means 42 slides (I imagine it would take over 2 hours without rest to ride each once , now say you changed the slide types around (because 42 of the same type is excessive, you could have 4 enclosed, 4 open, 3 open raft, 3 closed raft, 3 cloverleaf open, 3 cloverleaf closed, 4 turbo tunnel type slides, 2 open mammoths and 2 closed mammoths. thats 28 slides, and because some are wider i reckon you would have basically the entire tower full. So in a relatively dense place you could have a whole waterpark of rides. Then chuck a lazy river around the outside as they have done and hey presto, instant water park. So if they took an efficent approach like that who knows what they could do.

I'm for some speed slides and master blasters, just check out proslides massive range of products. The Cannon Bowls and the enclosed mammoth slides both look pretty cool too! www.proslide.com EDIT: And whoa, how many slides are there in that pic? ...More than I can count anyway...

Edited by WnW_Rocks