All New Site & All New Home for Roller-Coaster.com.au

Richard

Alongside a brand new layout, Roller-Coaster.com.au has been moved to Australia where it belongs. The site is now hosted in a Brisbane CBD datacentre on a state-of-the-art server. What this means for the user is unparalleled site download and response speeds so you can get around much quicker, as well as uptime that is as close to 100% as it could ever possibly be. I can assure you that short of routine maintenance this site will be up all the time now. There are still a few things to come yet with the new site - I'm sure these will appear obvious as you look around. Of importance is a newly rewritten and condensed Community Guidelines. The rules are more or less the same, but they've been vastly improved to make them much smaller and easier to read. As always feedback would be gladly appreciated regarding the new site, server or any other issues.

The new layout and design looks great. Waaay better than it was previously. Congrats Richard! I'm sure we have plenty of updates to look forward to - Wet n Wild Black Hole & Tornado, DW waterpark construction, Outback Spectacular (probably the least exciting of the 3 but nonetheless it's relevant)

Nice work Richard. I've just noticed though that none of the javascript functions on the forums are running. I'm not exactly sure why but it may be something to do with the fact that half the site is still linking to http://brooklyn.net5.com.au/~rollerc/. I'm pretty sure that's the case as I'm getting 'function undefined' javascript errors. I didn't know you were planning to style the forums but it looks great. Really cool idea. The subheadings on the left are beautiful too. :P

Thanks for all the comments. There are still a few things that need to be fixed, but many of them can't actually be fixed for a few days because of how domain propogation works. Definitely take a look at the park database - it's a vast improvement in terms of layout and navigatability. Give the new search system on that page a go too - Adam spent a long time perfecting that system, and no question it speeds up finding content on the new site. Also the Photo Gallery has been completely rebuilt and should make viewing galleries much, much quicker and easier. Also look forward to topical changes of the site's background image. Superman's the flavour of the month right now, but expect to see routine changes to reflect what's happening out there.

There's a small problem with the reply to post textbox being wider than the design's fixed width. post-284-1144481959_thumb.jpg Here's your problem:

<textarea cols="80" rows="20" style='margin:0px;width:650px' id='postcontent' name="Post" tabindex="5" class="rteiframe">There's a small problem with the reply to post textbox being wider than the design's fixed width.</textarea>
 <div class="rteDiv" style="width:650px">
And here's your fix:
<textarea cols="80" rows="20" style='margin:0px;width:600px' id='postcontent' name="Post" tabindex="5" class="rteiframe">There's a small problem with the reply to post textbox being wider than the design's fixed width.</textarea>
 <div class="rteDiv" style="width:600px">

Or something similar. B)