Australian Outback Spectacular opens to the public

Richard

Article (review): http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/article.php?aid=86 I've had the chance to see some form of the show twice now. I must say it's grown on me, and I think it's a worthwhile attraction to check out. My original concerns were that it is too expensive, but given it is a restaurant-quality meal, which would set you back at least $40 for the three course meal plus drinks etc., $79 for a show and a decent hat really isn't too bad.

Agreed, pretty much summed up my feelings in the article there. In short, a good show worth seeing, for surprisingly good value. Just wanted to comment on how well done I thought the bar area was, very authentic, and very immersive. Check it out next time your on the coast kiddies, its a really good night out, with dinner, show, and lots of drinks :D

The arena surface is actualy comprised of a sand specifically selected for it's unwillingness to give off dust. Add to that the fact that we keep the sand very damp (hard not to given we have a rain storm in the first 5 mins of the show!) and it really doesn't go anywhere. If we had a nice loose sandy floor it would probably prove an issue once we fly a helicopter out into the arena ;)

But don't you have to eat dinner with dust flying into your food as you're trying to eat, kicked up by the horses etc?
hi as an employee of Warner Village Theme Parks and being based at movie world, i some times work night in the bar at 'AOS' i cant assure you that no dust would be flicked up in such a fashion to land in ya meal, before people are entered into the arena area the sand is soaked by over head sprinklers

Hey Livean Good to see another AOS member kicking around here. You should come and say hi one night, just look for me in my Johnny Cash Road Crew outfit. It's actualy a very delicate balance between having the sand wet enough and being too wet. Apart from kicking up when it's loose, it's also a problem for the horses in that they can slip over, also much easier for us to get the boom lifts bogged in dry sand. As a bit of trivia the sprinklers being on for 3mins is the equivelant of having somone hosing the sand with a fire hose for 1/2 hour.

Makes you wonder why they bother with signs telling you to save water in the loos at WnW if they turn around and do that.
The signs are there to give people a friendly reminder. I doubt they'd be using drinking water for the shower sequence. Edited by Adam

Well saving water is about only using what you need and recycling where possible. If it's necessary for us to wet down the arena in order to have the show then it's not really wasting it now is it. If we set up the massive sprinkler system in the car park and used it to keep our cars cool it would be a different story.

It's funny, AOS will be on Getaway next week (ie a week from this thursday) and when they were here last week even they said they were at Movieworld. I think WVTP at this point is taking any publicity it can get for the attraction so aren't too fussed on where people say it is, after all once you get there it's pretty hard to miss the building itself and the massive friken 30m flag pole!