1993 Brochure

Psycho

Well I was planning on scanning this along with the map last night and posting it on here but my scanner started making some weird noises and decided to die at a very inconvenient moment. So, a day of shopping and $500 later, me and my new scanner can now post this brochure. This isn't the oldest brochure you can find, and I'm sure that others on here will have older, but it's the oldest I have in my collection. Not sure if the writing will turn out so I'll quickly run through the descriptions for those that care... Page 1 - Australia's Wonderland. Sydney. 1993/94 Season. Australia's Largest Theme Park. Page 2 - Welcome to Australia's Largest Theme Park. Australia's Wonderland set on over 200 hectares is the most fantastic one day adventure in Sydney! Over 7 million visitors can't be wrong. [it is now over 15 million]. It's as big as Disneyland with six exciting theme areas including Hanna Barbera Land, The Australian Wildlife Park, International Village, Goldrush, Transylvania and in the summer, The Beach. A day at Wonderland is a holiday in itself. Page 3 - Hanna Barbera Land. All your favourite cartoon characters including Yogi Bear and Fred Flintstone come to life and welcome you to Hanna Barbera Land. Have your photo taken with them and watch exciting live shows and performances at the Gum Tree Puppet Theatre. International Village [Now Old Botany Bay]. This wonderful land of colour and vibrance gives you the flavours of the world. Browse through interesting shops or go on the wild rides like Bounty's Revenge. Wherever you wander at Wonderland, there's plenty of delicious meals, snacks and beverages to tempt you. But don't rest too long, there's plenty more to see... Page 4 - Goldrush - We take you back to the rough, tough colonial days of the Goldrush. Ride the mighty Bush Beast - the largest, most awesome wooden roller coaster in the southern hemisphere. Bounce across the water's surface as your craft shoots the spectacular white water rapids of the Snowy River Rampages. Feel the exhilaration as you plunge to the ground from frightening heights on our exciting Skyhawk ride. Gulp! Transylvania - Ride the awesome Demon, teh centrepiece of the spine chilling Transylvania. The Demon is the fastest roller coaster in the southern hemisphere and one of only a few in the world [before the days of Vekoma mass production :D ]. Don't miss lunch at the licensed Lakeside Bistro, for mouth watering steaks and seafood. Page 5 - The Beach - When Sydney's summer turns on the heat, a short pleasant stroll leads you to an exciting array of crystal clear swimming pools, cascades, aqua tubes, speed slides and free-fall slides. It's Wonderland's own oasis known as The Beach and it'll make cooling down as easy or as exhilarating as you want it to be. The Beach is open during daylight saving summer period only from Sunday October 31, 1993 to Sunday March 6, 1994. The Australian Wildlife Park - This New Park of the 90s has unique viewing areas set on ten acres. You'll get a close look at rare white kangaroos, giant goannas, our 5 metre long crocodile Maniac, cuddly koalas, fairy penguins and our hands-on farm for kids. Our Wildlife Park is included in your admission price to Wonderland, or pay a low Wildlife Park Only entry fee. Page 6 - Wonderland hours, weekends and holidays, shows and sponsors. [i never remember a Hollywood Stunt Show????] Page 7 - How to get to Wonderland, and information about parking [including the old $4 per car fee]. P.S. - DUE TO MY COMPUTER ILLITERACY, THE PICS ARE OUT OF ORDER...SORRY :oops:

well disneyland itself only around 34-35 hectares....  
well that means wonderland is still bigger than disneyland cause HBL really wasnt that big goldrush is the parks biggest land and with the beach open it would be bigger if what you said is disneylands true size

Transylvania - Ride the awesome Demon, teh centrepiece of the spine chilling Transylvania. The Demon is the fastest roller coaster in the southern hemisphere and one of only a few in the world
^^Demon is the fastest 'BOOMERANG' coaster in the Southern Hemisphere back then, and still is.

Demon is equal 1st, with about 6 other Boomerangs in the southern hemisphere. Its like saying that Lethal Weapon is equal fastest SLC in the world. Well der, of course it is. If you wanna be like that, you could say that Scooby Doo is the tallest ride in Australia that's in a building and called "Scooby". Bit of a given really when the category is like that.