What name do you choose?

Richard

Dreamworld Water Park Name  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Of the choices offered by Dreamworld, which do you think is most suitable?

• BLUEWATER BAY
    • WHITEWATER RUSH
    • H2 Oz
    • WHITEWATER WORLD
    • BLUE RUSH
    • WAVES WATERPARK
    • KAHUNA
    • OZ AQUA
    • AQUA MAX
    • THE BREAK
    • BLUEWATER RUSH
    • WORLD OF WATER
    • BOMBURA BAY

Aqua max is a brand of water heaters so ill strike that one out. I thought H2 oz and Bluewater Bay sound pretty nice. But i think all of them would sound better if they had "Dreamworlds'" at the start eg "Dreamworlds' Bluewater Bay", i guess it would be similar to how its called "Disneys' California Adventure"

Edited by Gazza

Bombora is the name of a slide at WnW, and the burger bar there. I don't think its a good name for the entire park. I agree with Adam on the "Bay" thing instead of the "Rush" thing (Personally think Rush sounds pretty crap as a place name) Whitewater World probably tops my list for a generic water park, which is all we've got to go on, so that gets my vote.

Bombora is the name of a slide at WnW, and the burger bar there.
I thought it sounded strangely familiar. But yea, good point, it would be bad if they made a blatant copy of one of Wet 'n' Wild's names. Whitewater World would suffice.

I think they are all fairly poor names. They say the park is going to be themed but these names are very generic. I don't know if this is the best way to go about it. Certainly sounds like the park is going to be all about 'waves' with a wave pool and the flow rider unfortunately. I'd much prefer a slide park personally

• 3 weeks later...

I think all of them are terrible. Why don't they give it a name that will tie in with Ocean Parade since it's going right next to it and is going to intertwine with Cyclone? So something like "Ocean Parade Beach" or "Ocean Parade Waterpark" something that will relate to the exisiting area.

Why don't they give it a name that will tie in with Ocean Parade....like "Ocean Parade Beach" or "Ocean Parade Waterpark"
Because they dont sound good? Just because it is next door doesnt mean it has to tie in, in fact im rather sick of ocean themed waterparks, try a different theme i say , some of the worlds best parks like Wild Wadi, Schlitterbahn, and Blizzard Beach have leant away from the generic sea theme. Remember it is a seperate park, and even though it will be with cylcone i dont thinks its reason enough to name it after an area that has a bad name already. It would be like saying Nick Central or Tiger Island should be Ocean themed since they are next to ocean parade.

I dunno, ever since the Boxing Day Tusnamis it makes me wonder if a park will ever go near that theme again, there are already a few parks in the US that have changed ride names because of it. Hmm, Earthquake Bay? Maybe it could be themed around San Fransico...... Nah As long as the place has plenty of shady plantsand tasteful theming and is not just a concrete jungle i'll be happy. IMO the name should just be the one that sounds best and will get visitors rather than relating to a theme.

That's not all what I was saying Gazza. And I forgot that the waterpark will be separate to the main park so maybe a different name would be best. Anyway, even though you explained to me the reason why Dreamworld decided to put the waterpark where it is it's still going to be problemic as there isn't really any space for expansions unless they can put some in the carpark or go behind the bumper cars at Nick Central.

• 2 months later...