Did the Bush Beast throw you out on the first hill too?

MARK28

I remember going on The Bush Beast for the first time, and the first drop threw me out of the seat (not all the way, but it felt like it would)! Does that always happen on wooden coasters or were the lap bars really loose or wasn't I holding on tight enough? Because on American coasters the single lap bars look tight, and a little more safe than the single lap bar I remember having on the Bush Beast.

I remember going on The Bush Beast for the first time, and the first drop threw me out of the seat (not all the way, but it felt like it would)! Does that always happen on wooden coasters or were the lap bars really loose or wasn't I holding on tight enough? It certainly DID throw you around, I think that first drop had a slight twist in it that made you feel like it was being dragged out from undernesth you...As for the rest of the ride, it just go more & more shaky over the years to a pint where I just wouldn't ride it anymore cuz I don't find being hurt fun.

• 2 weeks later...

A few years back me and my sister went on the bush beast and we were lucky enough to have a whole carriage to ourselves ( the park was VERY quiet that day ). I felt game and raised my arms on the first hill I was sitting infront of her diagonally, And I came out of my seat I remember my legs hitting the bar. My sister noticed this and she had grabbed me by the collar yanking me back in my seat. I held on for the rest of that ride. I still love the bush beast but am to freaked out to ever raise my arms again. Every other time I held on tight lol......

Yes Bush Beast did throw me out of my seat but it was when the train was on the brakes on the back curve, mind you I was in the operator’s booth. Actually it was great for the operators because it was very difficult to see the back curve and there was a risk that the train could get stuck there, depending on the wind speed and direction, but you always knew that the train was moving when the entire station moved when the train hit the brakes on the back curve. "The Bus is now leaving for Curves Lagoons, Tasmania"

The lap-bars were able to be shaken in their locked position but not opened very far at all. Like you could move it 2 or 3 cm at most. Would be almost impossible for an adult to come all the way out of your seat however. Because of the position of the lap bar over the seat, you'd need backwards bending knees to slide all the way out. For the most part when my friends and i were on the beast we tried to do full circuits without holding on....This was achieved by standing up as far as possible in your seat, with your thighs resting hard on the underside of the lapbar. This enabled you to hold on and not be thrown about whilst not holding on with your hands. The other feature of the BB cars that would have made it almost impossible to slide out of was the fact that the seats had a dividing armrest between the two riders. Thus making it even harder for your legs to come out because you couldnt get your body in a position where you were angled across the car. Though I think it must be obvious that the BB would not have been able to be insured and therefore operated unless it was proven that it was like 99.9% impossible for the "average" person to come out of their seat, either deliberately or accidently during the ride.

It was very possible for people to get themselves out of the ride, or at least partially stand up whilst the ride was going. I remember one time when I was operating 2 guys who were about 15-16 stood up for most of the ride. After the train came back and a small confrontation with myself and security they were both arrested by the police. And it's not just teenagers or kids that can do it I have seen moronic adult, probably in their 30's, do the same thing. "The Bus is now leaving for Police Bend, Victoria"

It was very possible for people to get themselves out of the ride, or at least partially stand up whilst the ride was going. I remember one time when I was operating 2 guys who were about 15-16 stood up for most of the ride. After the train came back and a small confrontation with myself and security they were both arrested by the police. And it's not just teenagers or kids that can do it I have seen moronic adult, probably in their 30's, do the same thing. "The Bus is now leaving for Police Bend, Victoria"
Bussy did this happen on a Sat night, sound very familier to somthing that happen at bush beast involving some park services staff working on the ride. Edited by koolkidsyd

Kool, it most certainly did happen on a Saturday night and from memory there were no park services people involved. It happened fairly early in the night and I ended up talking to Police, Security and management for about 3-4 hours before I went back out into the park for the last half hours or so of trading. I remember when I would do the morning park walk and re-set of Bush Beast when maintenance would still be working on the ride. One would go on the ride, another operating and a third would stand near the bottom of the back curve drop with the fire hose on. Needless to say the train came back sparkling clean and the maintenance guy rather wet. And WnW Rocks, that happened right up to when the park closed . "The Bus is now leaving for Sparkling Island, Western Australia"

• 7 months later...