Coaster Boy 6

What will happen to Blue Lagoon?

61 posts in this topic

Just wondering, does anybody have any ideas about what will happen to the Blue Lagoon section of the of Dreamworld after the new waterpark is built? I was thinking mabey either a next generation thrill ride or another themed area. What is your thoughts? :mellow:

Either that or the waterpark will open for a 2006 Summer Season, and so will the new waterpark offering guests the option of using the normal old waterpark, or giving current Dreamworld Guests to enter the new Waterpark for a next to nothing price once inside the park. And then they will phase out the old waterpark.

Spent quite a bit of time in that section today & it would really be a shame to see it go ... nice to have as a breather from the big thrill rides and that tube slide is good fun.

Hehehehe..... I have good memories of it. Was waiting for my turn.... a kid pushed me.... let go of my tube it went down before me..... lets just say the life guards weren't happy. Still fun to do backwards though...

Hehehehe..... I have good memories of it. Was waiting for my turn.... a kid pushed me.... let go of my tube it went down before me..... lets just say the life guards weren't happy. Still fun to do backwards though...
That was insane backwards. Around end of the day I was stopping around the stage of the first arch that goes over it (just before it really begins to pick up speed and had to push myself off again from that point ride-after-ride)... also have long legs so I was bashed around a bit. :P Yeah when I was pushing off this little kid had been eyeing me and pushed off right when I did... I was like 'Oh crap' thinking he was going to fly into me but I picked up enough initial speed to leave him behind so he was always at least 10-15 metres in my wake.

They do that.... about going down backwards... it's pretty crazy cause u think you're about to hit the water and then you go flying around another coner. Not to mention capsizing when you hit the pool at the end! :P

How long did we spend there? About half the day :D we are doing it again on Friday LOL! I can't wait to ride that slide! At least we didn't get any "Boo Boo's" But, on the Butt Massager slide, I managed to rip a hole in my pants!

Blue Lagoon is so terribly small and out of date it is well and truly time to bulldoze it. It does not fit in with Dreamworld's current image. Goodbye Blue Lagoon

it most certainly does fit into dreamworlds look , its great to have a small water attraction , its nice to relax there , and if it was destroyed i would be destroyed :(

Edited by aidan

IMO, Blue Lagoon Looks Great, The way the trees have grown around it has the best relaxing feeling that I've seen at a Theme Park, the slides while they are not the most modern ones, are still fun! There aren't many slides like Krakatoa's Revenge. I Really hope they don't demolish it, but It seems like they Will Do it, I hope they re build Krakatoa's or something similar at the New Park.

Blue Lagoon is so terribly small and out of date it is well and truly time to bulldoze it. It does not fit in with Dreamworld's current image. Goodbye Blue Lagoon
I completely agree. I found it hard to spend 30 minutes there without getting completely bored. Bring on the bulldozers.