My Story + Questions

Ibot

HI there, I went to wonderland 3 days before it closed. I was really sad to see it go. When i was there, there were about 10 rides open. I've been searching this site and others and i have found it had more rides than that. I emailed WL when i got home and told them they should keep the rides, when they replied they told me excatly why they were closing. (a pitty i didn't make a copy of the email). Also they said insurence prices sky rocketed. One reason (WHICH I HERD AS ROMOUR)was they were falling behind in national saftey standards. But were well clear of the "below" line. .I love the space probe, the swing ship and snowy river rampage. (WHICH I ASLO HERD, FROM OTHERS PLEASE SEE THE CORRECT POST DOWN BELOW)I went to the beach, and the ambulence had to be called as i girl slipped (due to, lets see who can get to the top of the tower first)and broke her legs and neck injury accured. I really miss wonderland. I might have some phots when i was there i'll have to look around for them. Questions. 1. is wonderland reopening, i've herd remours about a reopening? 2. Whats the current status of the park? 3. does anyone have any photos of the park now, being demolised? 4. does anyone who used to work there, like a machanic, owner etc, have info on how it was built, how they drained the lake, construction phots etc. 5. And finally does anyone have plans of the parks also what manfactures were used?

Edited by Ibot

1. No 2. A dirt pit now, nothing remains, they might have built some of the industrial estate on it. 3.Yeah, there are plenty around, a good site for info and pics is http://www.octiva.net/wonderland/ also poking around the wonderland forum here should give plenty of info. 4.Yeah, i think some of the info may be on the said site. 5. I think a lot of the kids rides were Zamperla, SP was built by Ride Trade, SSR, Galleons Graveyard and Bountys Revenge by Intamin, Bush Beast and Beastie by Kings, Demon by Vekoma Anyway, welcome.

1- No 2- Demolished/ Some Ride Locations Unknown (Zodiac, Space Probe ect) Bush Beast and Beastie Demolished, Dragons Flight, Bountys Revenge, and Merry Go Round, located at Sunway Lagoon. Demon- Alabama Adventure (Formally Visionland) Tasmanian Devil apparently being tralierised. Snowy River was filled in. 3- I dont personaly have any 4- No 5- Various Manufacturers- Intamin, Vekoma, Phillidelphia Toboggan Company ect.

I emailed WL when i got home and told them they should keep the rides, when they replied they told me excatly why they were closing. (a pitty i didn't make a copy of the email).One reason was they were falling behind in national saftey standards. But were well clear of the "below" line. Also they said insurence prices sky rocketed.
Sorry but what a load of crap. It wouldn't matter if it was 10 years or the day before closing no one from the park would reply to an email with that answer. And what "national safety standards" where they talking about?
I went to the beach, and the ambulence had to be called as i girl slipped (due to, lets see who can get to the top of the tower first)and broke her legs and neck injury accured.
I can clear this one up too seeing as I was the second person on the scene. Firstly the girl did slip over but not due to a race to the top of the tower. She had come down the Freefall and as she stepped out of the slide she slipped and hit her head on the edge of the slide. Secondly she did not have any leg injuries just a suspected spinal injury because initially she had tingling and limited movement in her legs. Thankfully she was cleared of any spinal damage after being taken to hospital via ambulance. Now to answer your questions: 1. Yes it's re-opening the piles of crushed concrete in what was the car park will become the new rides/games, anyone who can climb to the top wins a large toy. 2. See above answer. 3. There are no photos worth taking now unless you like photos of giant piles of crushed concrete and heavy machinery. The park is completely un-recognisable. 4. I used to work there but as a ride operator. The lake was drain, funnily enough, with a pump. The eels didn't like it much and the ducks just flew away. "The Bus is now leaving for Spinebender Creek, NSW"