How do you start your own park?

Ibot

Hey, everyone! How do you start your own park? I want to start my own, small then hopefully grow. But i have no idea where to start. I have many ideas, but need help to sort them out. Is there a site decated to starting you park, or documents etc.

As in a REAL park or a park based on your computer?? If its a real park, the first thing you should think about is having the land to build it on, and the money!! :D Ive always wanted to start my own park lol!! I reckon it would be WICKED!!!

What type of park are you going to build? If you're only building a small family park with a few rides such as a ferris wheel then it's obvious that you would just buy a small amount of land. If you're going to build a larger park with multiple attractions and coasters, then you'd obviously want a larger amount of land. Just make sure you have enough money :P

Yeah, just visit some manufacturers websites and check out the tech specs of the rides you want, and see the dimensions needed for safe operation, then sort of do a draft layout of the park and work out how much land it would take. Also have a look at some public buildings (public toilet blocks, kiosks in parks) and prehaps some paths in public parks to work out how much area infastructure like that would need. Sorry but you need to be less vauge in your description, we have no idea how big this park would be. Though a little suggestion, i would start out as a small waterpark, slides are cheaper and more reliable than most mechanical rides, yet are still popular.

Have you already thought of a name or are you open for suggestion? EDIT: And if you want good waterslides, visit www.proslide.com, they have a great range of slides! (If you want something smaller and less expensive try Australian Waterslides and Leisure. (Site: www.waterslide.net) (They made a few slides for WnW so they can't be too bad!)

Edited by WnW_Rocks

thank you all, i've made a draft of what i want it to be. i want the park avaible for all ages, waterpark, mechanical rides etc.. I want to start it small but have land already avaible to expand. And no i dont not have a namefor the park yet.

it would be cool , and if it looked like a tropical bay with water slides then you turn around and its land with rides that were in a sort of dense rain forest , like u would buy the ticket and there would be two paths spliting up to the other section with two signs points in other ways , saying waterslides and another saying forest and palm trees making it look tropical

Edited by aidan

Just another couple of ideas: 0) Try building a small attraction as your starting point, for example a 18/36 hole mini golf or something, make sure its high quality and start getting people through, and then go from there. 1) Actually visit some family fun parks, see what works/what doesnt and see how big the park is for some indication of the land you would need. You would need to do this regardless anyway since it would be stupid to jump headlong into building the park. 2) Use Maps, Google Earth Images of some parks to see how big they are etc. 3) Get professional advice, not just some of kids on the internet, i mean, someone with the presumably millions it would take to build even a small park would probably have the buisness sense to do this.

Building even a small amusement enterprise is a huge investment and shouldn’t be undertaken lightly (if you actually want to remain open longer than recent failures – Sega World). Often starting out small is the cheapest but not always the best way to go about building a park. If you don’t know anything about how to build a park, which this post suggests, then I wouldn’t bother. The amount of money, work and effort involved would be tremendous. Even if you have the money, you'd have to work out if this is the best way for you to invest? I have a mate who's a financial analyst; maybe you could have a chat to him about your various investing options. If you were to ask for my personal advice, I'd have to agree with Gazza. If you're really passionate about it, find some land and build a mini-golf course (heck, if it's in Brisbane we could even have an R-C.com.au meet there :P). Run that for a few years and see how it goes. But just remember, after it's built you're going to be attached to all profits and debts the business has. You'll need to pay for upkeep, advertising, vomit removal... As for books, "Building your own Theme Park for Dummies" is usually a good read. Be sure to keep us updated on your situation.