Rollercoaster Tycoon.

Gold Coaster

Who here has Rollercoaster Tycoon and which version / expansions? Let's get a current listing. [EDIT] I no longer have RCT, have bought RCT2 with both expansions in a budget pack and have RCT3 with Soaked! and Wild! [/EDIT] Just so I know for doing projects and prioritising them in terms of release... I will however still have a thread for each project with plenty of screenshots, park videos, teaser trailers and complete on-ride videos for those who don't have RCT3/the expansions. Also, for those who use other programs like No Limits! etc, specify that here too. :D

Edited by Tony B

I have rct3 & soaked but not wild. :(
Wild! is only $40 or something now and EBGames has it as a 2 for $50 item so you could maybe instead get that and a piece of basic hardware/other game or something for only another $10... but yeah, it's a cool expansion pack - does have a heap of new rides, it's not just all-animal content. and the custom billboards rock, you can assign any JPEG GIF etc to them and they're various sizes eg 5x1 , etc

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tony B @ Apr 18 2006, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--> :unsure: Hello?? :taps mic: Is this thing on? Perhaps the lack of response was due to the lack of intriguing discussion that this thread offers. Alas; RCT (+All Expansions) RCT2 (+Wacky Worlds) RCT3 Hyper Rails
Of course it doesn't offer much in the way of intriguing discussion, but it's useful to know what people have - and if anyone has anything to discuss or ask regarding these programs, they can do it here too... So do you use RCT/RCT2 much despite having 3? Which version do you prefer?

After my RCT2 disk wasn't working, I threw it at the wall in disgust and it shattered. I later inspected it and there were many scratches in it that I assume contributed to the non-working disk in the first place. If I had RCT2, I would play it over RCT3 any day. RCT2>RCT3>RCT. RCT2 offered so much more realism and freedom is design. Unfortunately I still haven't got another copy, and I've been left with only RCT & RCT3 to use. Out of them, I use RCT3 the most.

yer i have roller coaster tycoon 1 for pc and xbox and RCT 2 for pc with all the expansions and stuff but now they dont work because i have a Apple Mac lol so yer i got RCT 3 for mac and its great. Im waiting for the expansion packs for it for Mac. :angry::D

I own the following: - RCT (on Xbox so it has all the expansions and more) - RCT2 Triple Thrill Pack - No Limits - Theme Park World - Theme Park (DOS version though so I can't play it *cries*) Personally with the expansion packs for RCT2, DON'T GET THEM! They're terrible expansions as they really haven't added anything new apart from scenery pieces which don't look too good anyway.

I own the following: - RCT (on Xbox so it has all the expansions and more) - RCT2 Triple Thrill Pack - No Limits - Theme Park World - Theme Park (DOS version though so I can't play it *cries*) Personally with the expansion packs for RCT2, DON'T GET THEM! They're terrible expansions as they really haven't added anything new apart from scenery pieces which don't look too good anyway.
What's this? Something's wrong with my hand. Oh no. It's... THE CLAW! Nothing can stop ... The... Cla... :unsure: Erm. Sorry. Bad habit of mine. Particularly when I'm on the ride with a friend and it's starting. :P I've seen RCT2 for sale at EB Games for $30: the original game and both expansions. I think next time I'm there I'll buy it, would be nice to play... I had RCT but never got the second game as it looked practically the same... what were the differences? I had both 3D Theme Park games and quite liked them. And it was good they had carnival games. To run Theme Park, try Googling for a program called 'DosBox'.

No don't get the Triple Thrill Pack or any of the expansions for RCT2. There's no point because when you'll make your own parks chances are you'll never use them. The best way to go is just to buy the game and get custom scenery off the net. Custom scenery may not always install onto your PC but most of the time it does. Just look around for it on Google or something.

No don't get the Triple Thrill Pack or any of the expansions for RCT2. There's no point because when you'll make your own parks chances are you'll never use them. The best way to go is just to buy the game and get custom scenery off the net. Custom scenery may not always install onto your PC but most of the time it does. Just look around for it on Google or something.
No what I'm saying is, that's the only way you can buy RCT2. So it's pretty good value all-up... the expansions have scenarios anyway don't they?

Nooooooooo Tony! You should've just gotten the original! Now you got the stinky expansions and you can't get rid of them because they're on the one disc! And if you think it's better value well it's not because the expansions are worth nothing! Aw well.

OK fair enough but if you were going to make professional parks with it then the extra $2 would've been worth it. Trust me, you never use the WW and TT scenery, it takes up space in you Object Data folder so you only allowed a limited amount of custom scenery when you make your workbenches it's very hard as there is a lot yet useless scenery pieces that come with the expansions.