Coffs Harbour Water park?

Ibot

I went to coffs harbour a few years back, and im going there for a week next week, and wondered if they still had the water park their? I remember that had slidemon on a central tower and you had to get a mat. Any help would be apprecated.

There was an older aqua jet out on an old road near a river, i always passed it when my family went swimming out there in bushland . It was moved there some time ago i saw the old site and it has old cracked pools there with just overgrown grass.

Edited by aidan

The Coff's Harbour Aqua Jet was originally situated at Newcastle next to an inner city supermarket for years. It was moved to Coff's Harbour in the late 80's. Its a shame to hear that it has finally been pulled down. I have great memories of riding this in my early youth with a group of friends...in those days they used to let you form trains of riders and it wasnt uncommon to have some trains of up to 8 people zooming down the tube. The ride was fairly high and quite long..I think it would have had to have been at one time Australia's longets water slide?? Good fun from simpler times. Cheers Jobe

Yes it was literally in the park beach plaza car park , it had a giant golf ball , it had slides a trampoline , gocarts i think, and lots of other small thing. I swear there was that thing that they strap you in the and it spins you upside down like in a weird ball.

Edited by aidan

The pet pospoise pool was out of town a bit near a river and caravan park just near a beach.
The Pet Porpoise Pool is down towards the "Jetty" not that far from town, http://www.petporpoisepool.com/ its on Orlando Street. Confirmed: The Aquajet has gone and Aldi now operates from there, although there is a motel there named "The Aquajet". Maybe they should think of a new name!

Maybe they're trying to steal customers? Hmmmm? And how bad are those aldi stores, they rip off all the brand names. Like Wheat-Bix. (Thats how they spell it there.) And their museli bars are called something like Choco Bars, they even make you pay to use their shopping trolleys, and you have to package everything yourself!

But you also need to keep in mind the prices are low so those are measures to help with that since labour is one of the highest overheads for buisnesses so by reducing the number of people you need on by not having packers, trolley collectors they can save a bit. Thoug i do admit the product names are terrible, i mean Rialto Fresh as their toothpaste, makes me think of Rialto Towers. Anyway, back to the slide.