Space Roller at Adalaide show

ozshowkid

Guys don't know if you heard but Space Rollers application for Adalaide show was rejected,so the people of South Australia need your help. We have got to get this ride to The Royal Adalaide show if it don't go they will be very disapointed. Send e-mails and call the Royal Adalaide show and express your concern for this ride not being on the rides list it is up to us to get this ride there. Adalaide show will not be complete without the Space Roller it has to be seen to be believed, its las vegas on wheels guys its a first class attraction. So send thoughs e-mails nd get the Space Roller to Adalaide Royal show. It is one attraction that should be at every capital show in Australia, this attraction is more important than the ferris wheel. http://www.adelaideshow.com.au/db/co...?template=show Cheers Oz Also do this for Rainbow and Space Roller at Melbourne guys the amusements administrator for the 2006 Melbourne show, can be emailed here: jane.timson@rasv.com.au and the phone number is here: (03) 9914 2410

It's hardly a ride that has to be seen to be believed. It wasn't the most spectacular looking ride at the show, it was hardly the most extreme (Claw and Zipper take that honour) and it doesn't have the greatest ride motions (Claw & Rainbow get that honour). It was fun though, much taller when you're on it than when you're watching it. Why was it rejected? I would have thought it would have been a good money maker for the show.

Nezza you tell me why it wont be going i just got told it was rejected and so i thought id try and help it get to adalaide. And as for it not being as good as claw come on Nezza claw has lost its touch. It is starting to look run down and it is very uncomfortable, i know its your fav ride but thats my opionion.

Nezza you tell me why it wont be going i just got told it was rejected and so i thought id try and help it get to adalaide. And as for it not being as good as claw come on Nezza claw has lost its touch. It is starting to look run down and it is very uncomfortable, i know its your fav ride but thats my opionion.
Hmmmmm, it isn't the most comfortable ride in the world, but then again, neither is the Space Roller. They both have the same basic style of seating with minimal arm room. The Claw overcomes this by putting the handles on the side whereas Space Roller puts them in the awkward position of being on the actual harness itself. Both rides are smooth, both rides have incredible programs and movements yet the Claw's movement seems to be more flowing and majestic than Space Roller. Here are some photos, I forget where I got 'em, probably from HussRainbow a few years back. c7238625133913d000067cc1340241aa.th.jpg 859344e74047d6f01cc6fde841280c60.th.jpg 1fa42f1b0047260159537a4d5abb2a55.th.jpg Picture Gallery with PicTiger

I think...Space Roller is such an amazing european attraction, it was always one of the last rides that I thought would ever be seen at an Australian Show. I know I haven't ridden the claw...doesnt really attract me, like it used to way back in the late 90's when it first debutted. But I think Space Roller is just one of those wow-factor rides, that has to be not only seen in person to be appreciated, but it needs to be at a show. Its just absolutely insane! I can't wait to see it in Melbourne again, watkins have got a real winner with this one, that I think has surely bypassed the Claw, and will take over as the claw continues to grow older, and be pushed back into places on the midway. Shame to see a good KMG ride this run down, but I guess Durkins have faith and will continue flogging the one trailer at the state shows.

Bah, every new ride has been flogged around in crappy new positions at the last three shows, whereas the Claw has remained in it's prime spot next to the Zipper. Everyone rides the Zipper, and those daredevils giving it a go will see the Claw in all it's mathematical madness (aka superb ride motions) and it's extreme look and will definately give it a ride. Meanwhie, this tall ride will be shoved back like the Twin Flip, or the other crappy one that had it's debut last year yet was nowhere to be found...

Twin Flip isnt actually looking too bad, they've put new Decos on the panelling for the main arm. Shame it never came with a backdrop... also its a shame that its soo high off the ground, it kinda takes away the appeal of it. Rainbow is looking much better, Garry is really taking care of it (also thanks mate for the 6 free rides!) and even though the blue at first was a shock, its good that he is taking the time to do work on it. The rays are also looking fantastic, I don't think its had globes on them since 1999. Its also great knowing that Garry wants to travel it this year, hes applied for Melbourne, and were doing all we can to get it here! Zipper has had some minor work done on it since I saw it down at the Rye Carnival, overall its not looking too bad. Taipan doesnt look any different to me, I saw it many times at Rye, so it pretty much looks the same. chris.