Superman Escape on No Limits?

T-bone

G'day Everyone, it has been quite a while since everyone has seen me on here. Anyway, I have recently become interested in No Limits Coaster simulation again, and I am wondering if anyone who has had the chance to ride the new Superman Escape Rocket Coaster ride at Warner Bros. Movie World has enough knowledge of the ride to make a re-creation of the ride in No Limits coaster simulation?

• 3 months later...

Here's what I did after riding it a couple of times at watching videos to try to remember the layout. Its not the best, and theres only supports in for the first little bit, and they're not right. But have fun with this, I hope its close to real. If anyone wants to change it so that it better matches, go right ahead, I'd just like to see the finished copy!

Superman.zip

Been working on this one for the last couple of weeks, not quite finished yet, but I doubt you'd even notice what I'm still tweaking anyway. Its almost identical height and speed wise to the real thing for the majority of the ride. It did end up a hundred meters longer then the real ride somehow, but I think otherwise its very accurate: post-6-1155091624_thumb.jpg post-6-1155091594_thumb.jpg post-6-1155091634_thumb.jpg Superman_Escape.zip

Edited by joz

If i might offer a couple of criticisims to help you refine it. Unfortunatley i dont have the program as it was on my old computer, and i cant find my back up disk, so i am going by the screenshots. -The track that leads into the brake run passes OVER the lead in to the first ground turn, this would help improve that last turn, because it is a drop down overbank it should have a peak at the end. -The radius of the top hat seems a bit too wide. -Maybe work at how well all the elements flow into each other, some parts look a bit RCTish in that they seem to be seperate. -The drop down overbank and the ground turn seem to be a bit too far apart (maybe some of the extra 100m went here. Though i have to say the top hat supports are excellent, they look very accurate. But i know what you are going through, a re-creation is not easy, just use tons of photos and you should end up with something nice.

Joz, I actually quite enjoyed it, and to tell you the truth, I wasn't really expecting any replies to this, however I do thank you. Does anybody know how to do Custom Scenery so maybe the Building the coaster goes into can be added, however containing the same tunnel Joz has already used, just to give that ride the extra effect. And Gazza, if you still require that No Limits, for old times sake, apparently if you e-mail Mad Data, and give them the appropriate details, they will send you a download link and activation password. That has got me outof trouble a few times. :)

Edited by T-bone

I think allot of the problems are how wide the radius of the turns, including tophat, are. Thats is where allot of the tweaking is going afterall. :P The stage I'm up to is making sure all G's are in the green and reflect what they should sorta be doing, and so far thats good, except there doesn't seem to be much air over the first bunny hill, so that'll obviously have to change :D

• 4 months later...

Here is my attempt at creating the Superman:Escape in NoLimits. I used the tunnel on the sections that are inside the building. I don't have any dimensions for this ride, so I'm working off the photos here on Roller-Coaster.com.au and from two videos on YouTube, my memory of the ride, and the track that was uploaded on this board previously. I haven't touched support structure yet, as the ride doesn't ride as I recall it to. If anyone wishes to use this as the basis for their own re-creation, please do so, but post your efforts in this thread also. Cheers guys, -Adam

Super.zip