Dreamworld looking old?

ryanlerch

I went to dreamworld for the first time in about 7 years the other day and was surprised to see it a bit worn, and the themed sections fairly tacky... dsont get me wrong, its still a great park, maybe my recent visit to disneyland changed my eyes a little bit, anyhoo, has anyone esle noticed that maintenece in dreamwold has slipped a bit lately??

Yeah, thats the way i felt too, im a very visual person so the parks upkeep really let me down. I think the park over uses moulded fibreglass which ends up looking tacky, as well as adding poorly inspired theming that doesnt suit (for example the lollipop things in the water at TR, the whipper snipper parts and rear end of a van at cyclone, the abra over part of the logflume) or worn out / non working (eg the generator in the cyclone queue) . Also, the parks cleanliness was an issue, i went on TOT very early in the morning (before 10am) yet there was litter in the TOT queue, it couldnt have been generated in the time the park had been open, so they must have simply chosen not to clean up. Now if thats the attitude they take towards their public areas, just imagine what their out of view areas (eg food prep) are like. The new areas of the park were ok but for the most part, dissapointing. Basically, what they need to do is paint/replace/ pressure wash/ cobweb brush everything that looks shabby.

Hmmm I have to agree but it's only the places where they haven't updated the park in years. I mean take the AWE for example. For years it stayed pretty dull and smelly until when they revamped it in 2001 and now it's beautiful and doesn't smell of animals. The same goes for Ocean Parade (except for Wipeout maybe). They have really made it very bright and colourful especially when The Claw came in. The only places I have concerns are around the Rocky Hollow area (including Giant Drop), the Rivertown area (the Model T Cars and the Paddle Wheeler) and Gold Rush Country where they generally haven't updated those areas of the park for years. I mean, sure they do a few touchups like the new scenery inside Thunder River's tunnel, but seriously those parts of the park need their rides replaced or something they're getting tame (especially the River Rapids I mean there is no thrill or point in that ride whatsoever nower days). The Paddle Wheeler though is my most major concern. Evere since they got rid of the bushranger show there is absolutely no point for it being there. Personally I think they should make use of the island it created and theme to some kind of pirate or Treaure Island theme with a pirate ship and a couple of other rides. Overall, the park can be impressive with its up-to-dateness but in some areas it lacks that factor and makes parts of the park seem forgotten and left behind.

• 1 month later...

I reckon Dreamworld would soo much better if the rides were NOT randomly placed around the park and are well themed...well some are but...what I mean is that the ride's theme should suit the scenery around it. Rocky Hollow and Giant Drop for instance, Rocky Hollow is a Log/Mine Flume type of ride and what's right next to it? An Oil Rig style ride - the Giant Drop. In my opinion, Dreamworld should close for a month or so at one stage to fix up the park.