2006 Coaster Video Contest!

Hey everyone!!! It's that time! The first 5 contest finalist videos have been POSTED!!!! http://www.themeparkreview.com/contest2006/contest2006.htm This year the competition is a little tougher. We received more entries than ever before and I'll be honest, we were a little 'harder' with judging this time around. With the addition of the Professional Amateur Videographer forum there have been a LOT of great videos posted and we felt that ONLY the 'cream of the crop' deserved to be in the final running. Out of nearly 100 videos we narrowed it down to 25 finalists. We will be posting 5 videos a week for the next 5 weeks. And for the first time ever you can now STREAM the contest entries! So what are you waiting for? Go watch the videos!!! http://www.themeparkreview.com/contest2006/contest2006.htm --Robb

The next 5 videos have been posted! http://www.themeparkreview.com/contest2006/contest2006.htm In this group we've got videos from Efteling, Port Aventura, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and a couple that take us on a whirlwind trip of parks all over the world! (Well, one of them is all over hicksville midwest USA, but that's cool too, right?) =) Enjoy this weeks installment. It's going to be hard to pick a winner! Unless it's in my nose. --Robb

• 3 weeks later...

The FINAL five...well, ok SIX videos have been posted!!!! http://www.themeparkreview.com/contest2006/contest2006.htm Turns out there ended up being 26 videos that made the cut, not 25. I didn't think people would mind watching MORE videos! Anyway, this round of videos take us to some interesting places like Japan's Yomiuriland and Tawian's Janfusun Fancyworld (you know the place with the OTHER B&M Dive Machine) and even to REALLY far out worlds like Canada. :P Check them all out! Voting will start NEXT WEEKEND!!!! So if you haven't downloaded all the entries yet, now is the time to do so. Have fun watching all these great coaster & theme park videos! --Robb

• 1 month later...

Thanks again to everyone who participated! We look forward to the 2007 Theme Park Review Video Contest! And now.... The winners are.... Theme Park Review's Picks: First Place - Paul Ruiz De Miquel's Parque De Attactiones Video Runner Up - Tom Mueller's Port Aventura Video Runner Up - Phil Hart & Alan Martin's Carowinds or "How to use your camera" Video Runner Up - Erik Johnson's "Expedition Everest" Video Runner Up - Albert Lam's Knott's Halloween Haunt Video Viewers Choice Picks: 1st Place - Paul Ruiz De Miquel's Parque De Attactiones Video 2nd Place - Nicolas Chavance's Efteling Video 3rd Place - Tom Mueller's Port Aventura Video 4th Place - Jarvis Morant's "My Hump" Video 5th Place - Phil Hart & Alan Martin's Carowinds or "How to use your camera" Video Viewers Choice Top 20 Rankings Here are the top 20 videos from the ballots we collected. 1. Paul Ruiz De Miquel's Parque De Attactiones Video 2. Nicolas Chavance's Efteling Video 3. Tom Mueller's Port Aventura Video 4. Jarvis Morant's "My Hump" Video 5. Phil Hart & Alan Martin's Carowinds or "How to use your camera" Video 6. Julian Johnson's "Don't Look Down 2005" Video 7. Erik Johnson's "Expedition Everest" Video 8. Albert Lam's Knott's Halloween Haunt Video 9. Nick Collins' "USA Coaster Trip" Video 10. Justin Saxe's Silverwood Video 11. Jonathan Hawkins' "Midwest Conquest" Video 12. Lars & Cornelia Theissen's "Coaster Season 2005" Video 13. Mark Owens' Busch Gardens Tampa/Cypress Gardens Video 14. Kevin Gillan's "What We Learned On Vacation" Video 15. Barry Hom's FLCC at Busch Gardens Tampa Video 16. Jim Williams' Six Flags Magic Mountain December 2005 Video 17. Connor Thompson's Magic Springs Video 18. Paul Fowler's Paramount's Canada's Wonderland Video 19. Colin Coon's Cedar Point Video 20. Dan and Jackie Collison's Epcot Video To download all the entries click here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/contest2006/contest2006.htm Personally, I'm kind of bummed that Blake's "Goat Encounter" didn't place in the top 20, and that actually suprised me, but oh well.... Ok, everyone...now this is open for your discussion..... --Robb

• 1 year later...