Strategies To Shorten Your Queue Time

bern1992

What are some of your favourite strateges to shorten your queue time to get onto rides/coasters? Three of mine are- 1: Get to the park really early in the morning 2: Go to the park when the Queensland school holidays aren't on 3: If you are by yourself or with a friend, quite often you will hear the ride operator or loader call out "One More" or "Two More". Be alert for these messages because lots of people around you are making noise and then put your ahnd up and they will point to you. Then you can just walk straight past everone else then hop on the ride, line up again and do it again. If you use these strategies you will have a much shorter and enjoyable queue time, and with number 3 it is fun to hear people say "Well excuse me!" when you walk past them. Please Add Your Strategies and feel free to try mine!

4. Sometimes when there is no line or hardly any, to save time, sometimes there is a door which some ops will let you through which goes straight through to the front of the queue which is used by some staff to access loading and unloading stations quickly. The only rides which I have done this on are Wild West Falls and Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster.

4. Sometimes when there is no line or hardly any, to save time, sometimes there is a door which some ops will let you through which goes straight through to the front of the queue which is used by some staff to access loading and unloading stations quickly. The only rides which I have done this on are Wild West Falls and Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster.
On scooby doo you only get through the door if the ride is totally deserted and the same with wild wild west but they just let you stay in the boat.

But usually if there are 2 single riders they take the one closest to the front. Anyway here are some of mine. -Take opportunites, if a ride has a very short line or none at all, ride it then rather than thinking "ill come back to it", and do your repeat rides there and then. I did this at MW and got 2 rides on both WWF and SDSC at the begining of the day, i tried the same thing at DW with GD and TOT and got two consecutive rides with no line. -Visit WnW at night, all the slides have short lines and its a great atmosphere, you do miss out on the wave pool, calypso and bucaneer bay (though thats not a problem if your not with kids) but the other slides are walk on. -Go when its raining, being a Victorian myself a downpour at MW didnt deter me (hey we sit for 3 hours in the rain to watch the footy) but it did so to many others so it reduces crowds. -Ride when major shows are on

1. take a jar of vegetable stew with you. spill it all over the queue line, make retching noises, and hide the jar before anyone sees it - they'll leave before they even smell it! (note - this is a joke and i don't recommend doing it) 2. don't shower for a week.... smell really bad.... and lean close to those in front of you - cough on them a lot... 3. find a few old bolts, or cogs if you can get them.... talk loudly to your friend in the queue about how you just rode this ride, and look at the cool bolts and stuff you swiped off it 4. scream FIRE! (note - this works well and is very believable on WWWF) 5. dress formally.... suit and tie. walk past everyone in the queue, duck the rails, or take the exit onto the ride. get the operators attention, walk over to them and speak to them quietly... it doesnt matter what you say, you know... ask them the weather... or anything. at the end, point at the queue, say thankyou, and just waltz over and take your place at the front of the queue. most people in the queue will not fuss about it because you look like you're an official of some sort. 6. make a fake id, showing you as a ride inspector. get a badge and everything and put it in a leather flash wallet. walk through the queue, and if anyone complains, flash your badge at them, and tell them to "Stay out of it" 7. become a leper 8. expose yourself to every person in the queue, and keep walking towards them until they get out of the way 9. fart.... particularly in an indoor queue... blame the guy in front of you.... or behind you... 10. bribe the operator.... or the queue line....

1. take a jar of vegetable stew with you. spill it all over the queue line, make retching noises, and hide the jar before anyone sees it - they'll leave before they even smell it! (note - this is a joke and i don't recommend doing it) 2. don't shower for a week.... smell really bad.... and lean close to those in front of you - cough on them a lot... 3. find a few old bolts, or cogs if you can get them.... talk loudly to your friend in the queue about how you just rode this ride, and look at the cool bolts and stuff you swiped off it 4. scream FIRE! (note - this works well and is very believable on WWWF) 5. dress formally.... suit and tie. walk past everyone in the queue, duck the rails, or take the exit onto the ride. get the operators attention, walk over to them and speak to them quietly... it doesnt matter what you say, you know... ask them the weather... or anything. at the end, point at the queue, say thankyou, and just waltz over and take your place at the front of the queue. most people in the queue will not fuss about it because you look like you're an official of some sort. 6. make a fake id, showing you as a ride inspector. get a badge and everything and put it in a leather flash wallet. walk through the queue, and if anyone complains, flash your badge at them, and tell them to "Stay out of it" 7. become a leper 8. expose yourself to every person in the queue, and keep walking towards them until they get out of the way 9. fart.... particularly in an indoor queue... blame the guy in front of you.... or behind you... 10. bribe the operator.... or the queue line....
I'm gonna try all of those next time. :P But I doubt half of them will work, especially bribing the ops, and is it really worth it?

• 1 year later...

You can also get an RACQ pass, that allows you access to the rides at Dreamworld at 9am, which is 1 hour before the park officially opens to everyone else. They are good value if you don't wanna wait ages in lines. Rides such as Giant Drop, Tower of Terror, Cyclone, The Claw and the Wipeout are available to ride from 9am if you have this pass. :lol: