Melbourne Auditions for Idol: I'm through to the judges!

I have just had the most incredible day. Came down to Melbourne and auditioned yesterday morning. After breathing in second-hand smoke, braving cold and drizzle, I auditioned with the Queen megahit CRAZY LITTLE THING CALLED LOVE as my first choice. The first stage is the Producers and after going into a second waiting room was directed through one of two doors (left hand side) - where two producers and another lady were. Of all people, that lady was Venetta Fields who has had a long career and worked with such people as Pink Floyd, The Beatles & the Stones. So my confidence went out the window. I forgot some of the lyrics to the Queen song which I started with and had been listening to and singing for years! I was still allowed to keep singing for quite awhile - probably 45-60 seconds. The female producer and Venetta both said how bad it was I'd forgotten some of the lyrics. They were about to tell me to go when the other producer said to sing the song again but in a higher key. Had I had time to go away and prepare that and come back, I could have maybe done that but I was already upset over forgetting lyrics. I sung the song again pretty much the same way and was told that I had been unsuccessful. I was soo tired and this morning I was going to just sleep in and go to Luna Park and shop and stuff... guys, let this be a lesson to you: SOMETIMES IT'S A BETTER IDEA TO GIVE THE THEME PARKS A MISS :D .. I said to myself, "Well, you have come down to audition so keep auditioning!"" This time I showed up about 10.30AM and was able to walk straight into the building where registration/the auditions were. I had my hair done for the second time in as many days by the Garnier people. I didn't go to the Maybelline one not being into wearing makeup B) This time, I did a new song which I later found out hadn't been sung in the auditions yet. I won't say what it was on a public forum in case someone else going for Idol reads this post and it's something I'd like kept secret DANIEL HARMER *cough* anywayyyyy ... so this time it was for a producer and Mark Williams who sung the song 'Show No Mercy'' and is apparently a cricketer too (lol... I don't follow cricket but I know and love that song). Anyway they then put me through to the Executive Producers. I went into another hallway to wait where my picture was taken and I filled in a form about my musical idols etc. I listed Freddie Mercury, Paul McCartney, Shannon Noll, Mark Knofler & Kate deAraugo. Anyway after what seemed like a long wait but was probably only about 30-45 minutes (with about 6-8 people ahead of me), I was called in. Did the song, nailed it. They then mentioned me writing down Freddie Mercury and asked if I could sing any songs of his and I did CRAZY LITTLE THING CALLED LOVE. They let me sing that for awhile, obviously liked it and talked among themselves. I heard one say to the other he particularly liked my first one (the one whose title I'm not going to mention) and the other guy nodded in agreement. But they waved the pink card at me and gave it over and said come back Wednesday morning 9AM for Mark, Marcia and Kyle! :o So. My forum members. It would be AWESOME to see some of you out there on the day to support me. You don't know me from a bar of soap or Dame Edna's purple hair but this would be a 'meet' that would really mean a lot to me. My mobile is 0433099083 and I'm thinking we could meet like 8.30 or something like that. but yeah, let's work something out.

Do they show auditions on TV or only the people that make it through? Any news? If you make it through, well I don't know but maybe there could be a meet at MW or somewhere to celebrate? Although knowing my luck, I'm probably doing something.

Wow, thats super cool, I did once try out for Idol myself when Casey Donovan won, I didnt get through to the producer. Hey I was in Melb for the weekend just got back tonight acutally. So COLD! hey where were the Auditions held?
Thanks everyone. matt: In the Function Centre behind the Rod Laver (whatever it's called) Arena. The Mark Marcia and Kyle auditions are conducted in the Melbourne Exhibition Centre, Clarendon Street, Southbank. Tuesday if you got through on Saturday, Wednesday if Sunday (me) and Thursday if you got through today. Spooty: ... IDIOT :lol: WnW_Rocks: They show a mix of people who make it to Sydney and people who don't. A celebration meet would be awesome -- my pick would probably be Dreamworld, best overall bunch of rides! Much as I love Superman Escape. But if I am going thru to Sydney, I would probably be too busy working with a voice coach or something.