Slides and wave pool parts arrive

Ian

Ok, so it looks like White Water West is on board for project by the look of the slides (By chance i found this out because on their website they mention their manufacturing process where both sides of the slide have the same surface (shiny smooth), I should have guessed earlier by the fact there was a flowrider going in and the fact it will have a giant wave pool, both whitewater specialties) The slide colours are good (at least the blue ones, as for the purple ones, blech, reminds me of Six Flags) This is looking good though, i wonder when they will put the big trampoline thing over the flowrider though...

I actually thought the purple looks ok and the aqua not so good. I am very much hoping all their slides are not blue/aqua as it is just going to end up looking like another Wet 'n' Wild. The newer waterparks in the states have some great and bright colours for their slides... I hope DW goes down this path

Interesting theory about White Water West Gazza. I heard a rumour though that ProSlide would be providing most of the attractions. I certainly hope DW does use ProSlide as their slide catalogue looks so much better than White Water Wests'. Plus ProSlide have a master blaster type of slide whereas WWW don't appear to have anything like that

IMO WWW and PS are pretty even with their basic offerings (Eg body slides, ring slides etc), but PS comes out on top with its innovations (Eg the Tornado), whereas WWW is better for wave pools and kids areas (just look at the quality of the new bucaneer bay to see what i mean) so it wouldnt really matter who is making the basic slides Also, there are 3 manufacturers making uphill slides, Proslide makes the "Rocket", WhiteWaterWest makes the "Zip Coaster" and NBGS makes the "Master Blaster". The former 2 rely on high speed belt systems to move the rafts but NBGS uses water jets, IMO the better way since its more "pure" and has the novelty factor of water going uphill and has more raft arrangements, using belts for the other two is just the easy way out IMO. Also the reason i dislike the bright colours is because they look too generic and unthemed, its better IMO if they use neutral browns like at Typhoon Lagoon to give the park a convincing look.

Edited by Gazza