Participants wanted for Superman Escape TV Shoot

Richard

Want your chance to be seen in a thrill ride documentary? Read on!

Local producer (and fellow coaster nut) Malcolm Burt is shooting a promo for 'Scream Machines' - a 6 x 30 min series about the 'why' of thrill rides. This 7 minute promo will be used as a pilot for the larger series, and is focussed on steel rollercoasters. We have ride footage and participation from Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Cedar Point, Knotts Berry Farm, Paramount Parks, Dreamworld, Movieworld and Seaworld. We will be shooting (tentatively) at Movieworld on the morning of June 2nd and require a small group of hardcore Superman Escape riders to go on the ride and be interviewed for the promo. At this point Movieworld is allowing us to film SE before the park opens...meaning whoever comes will be able to go on the ride again and again and again till we have finished filming (at least an hour, possibly longer). I suspect we will all get the boot once filming has finished, but what a great way to start the day? We're encouraging hardcore enthusiasts so please wear your wildest coaster outfits and shirts, etc! We're also looking for an attractive-ish man with a prominent Adam's Apple for the opening title sequence (see the script for more details - fear not - you only see the bottom half of your face!). Just drop us a line including your contact details.
The important details:
  • Must be available to be at Movie World on FRIDAY June 2 (tentative date - could change) in the morning (before the park opens).
  • You should be an enthusiastic thrill ride fan.
  • You will get to ride Superman Escape to your heart's content.

If this sounds like you then contact me (via email, PM etc.) with your details - name, address, contact phone number and email address. I'll forward your details onto Malcolm.

We were on superman when they were filming it at around 10:15/10:20..didn't even notice them til we got off. Did anyon get involved in the gas thing yesterday at Superman? we were in the line up and than they told us to get out because you could smell the gas as soon as you walked inside..we ducked over to dreamworld after that because lethal weapon was down so there wasn't much there really but we went back to movie at about 2ish and superman and lethal were working again. I can't remember who it was but I agree with the person who said superman is rough near the back..it shakes.

Lisilla, We were not involved in the unfortunate gas leak, but we could hear it from LW, the reason it was closed was because it was being used in filming. It was a great day and a BIG thanks to the PR at MW and DW as well as Malcom and Maria, and thanks for giving me the chance to film at DW as well, I hope the show does go ahead and Good Luck!

You could hear it? damn. As soon as I walked in I could smell it and than three workers came out and ordered us out and said there was a gas leak..people who were lining up at the doors to get on the ride were majorly pissed but when we were told what happend they all calmed down a bit. Oh, thats weird about LW cause they told us it had broken down :rolleyes: and then when we did get on it we were lining up and some idiot took their camera on board so as it's going up the hill they stopped it to get it off them..took 5 mins..alot of pissed people and workers afterwards.