Companies behind DWWP revealed!

GoGoBoy

We have certainly had a complete lack of information in the lead up to the opening of Dreamworld's waterpark. At this point we still know very little about it (except for the excellent pics provided by Rabid and others keeping us up to date on construction). However, I came across a very interesting site which I'm not sure if anyone else has seen yet. While not giving us any information on actual attractions, it is a complete list of every company behind the planning, development and construction of DWWP. There were a couple of interesting/positive findings - The project designer/pool designer is Water Technology inc. At first I was somewhat concerned as I had never heard of this company. After looking over their website I was relieved to see they have worked on some major parks in the States and overseas. They were involved with Crocodile Dundee's Boomerang Bay which is a great example of a very colourful and well themed waterpark (it's also home to an Octopus Racer... so fingers crossed). This also means they use a number of other companies to supply the actual attractions in some cases, which is good. You can visit their website at www.watertechnologyinc.com The 2nd interesting revelation is the company who will be doing the theming for the waterpark - atmomiq. These were the people who did all the theming/signage/paving for the Claw. This means that DWWP should end up with a very high standard of presentation. Also on this note, the landscape company chosen to undertake DWWP's landscaping is Urban Space Design. They were also involved with the Claw and designed all the gardens surrounding the ride. One of the things people always seem to mention when reviewing the Claw is how great the landscaping is. So that's another positive move. So overall it looks like we will end up with a really well presented park. Thank goodness they're not planning to replicate Wet 'n' Wild's H20 Zone and just plonk down some grass and concrete. You can check out the full list of companies working on the project at http://projectcentre.net/pc.asp?j=DW01

It is good to see that there might actually be some nice theming done to this place, and they're not just gonna chuck down some slides (cough WnW). I noticed one of the electrical contractors is named Norman Disney...Hmm, maybe its a sign that the themeing will be Disney standard...