How Long does it take for a coaster to lose it's "touch"?

Hi everyone, I'm going up to the Gold Coast in September and it will be my first time riding Superman and all of Wet'n'Wild's new slides. And I was just wondering do coasters degrade after a while? For Example: Superman Escape opened up last year in December, and I'm going to ride it in September( Nearly a year after the opening). Basically, what i'm trying to ask is, Will the ride feel any different than if i road it in December last year? If people could give me some opinions it would be truly apreciated! Thanks CoasterBoy8

Well i went on it in december and it was good then i went like a week ago and it was the same, it might be just me or not but its still good like it was brand new even though its still new.

Edited by aidan

There's definitely a difference between a "brand new" coaster and one that's nine months old because there is a natural wear-in process. That said, these rides are designed to last twenty or thirty years, subjected sun, rain and wind every single day. The ride will be just as enjoyable for you in September as it would be for someone in December last year. Coasters can be kept feeling fresh and new for decades with proper attention. Look at a ride like Corkscrew at Sea World. 25 years on and running as smooth as ever.

but in the end it does come down to maintenance, and a poorly maintained coaster will not feel as good. It seems yet again like lethal is overdue for some attention though. When I was there last week, one of the trains was in pieces in the maintenance area, and the other train running has serious cracks and gouges in the wheels. Now a lot of people claim lethal to be rough, but i have never had anything but a smooth ride on it (probably because I am just the right height to avoid headbanging and all the rest) but this coaster, as the day wore on and it got hotter seemed to get rough, and I am sure that the cracked and gouged wheels were responsible for the roughness of her. More attention would be nice.... On the other hand, being that Corkscrew is the only coaster in SW, it would seem like maybe SW maintenance can devote more time and care to it???