Movie World Photos!

Guest Cokecool

I did a quick count, because when I first saw the middle picture, I thought it did look packed. There's around 450 cars in the right carpark. Just for fun, I used a pretty inaccurate arithmetic progression model for the left carpark, assuming that each row (total of 20 rows) has two more cars than the row before, and the initial row had 32 cars. The total for the left carpark ended up for me being around 1700. There are 80 buses too, so we've got around 2250 vehicles. :) Let's assume each car carried four people and each bus had 40, then we had 12,000 people there that day. Now, we need to get an idea of the average per capita spending at the park, and we can work out the day's takings, and extrapolate it for the entire season. Factoring out the expenses (wages, supplies, maintenance, power etc.) over the year, we now know earnings before tax. Of course, Six Flags doesn't work on a model of earnings before tax, it's all about earnings before interest, depreciation, taxes and amortisation. So, I suppose the conclusion everyone's at now, is yes, joz, the carpark is quite full.

Actually, it's average on that picture. The right carpark is for the people who arrive early. They can park near the park entrance and don't have to walk to far. The left carpark is partly for the staff and for season pass holders. The leftover spaces are for others. However, if both are full, the park is 'normally crowded' like it should be. A good atmosphere, many many people, but not 'too busy'. You see the grass fields in the bottom of the picture ? This is when all hell breaks loose. Those are carparks too...for the really busy periods, such as mid-summer or Halloween. If these get filled too, expect about 22 000 people in the park ! The record number was more than 24 000 during Halloween last year. :shock: