Sea Worlds New Coaster

goliath

I couldnt help but notice in Richards signature there was a link to Sea Worlds new 'unconfirmed' Intamin launched coaster. Personally I think this is pretty exciting news; with Superman Escape last year, Dreamworlds new coaster next year, and now Sea Worlds Intamin coaster, that's 3 coasters in two years. Where do you guys think this new coaster will be put in Sea World? Obviously with Sea Worlds limited space there's only so many places they could put it. Anyway, what do you guys think?

Edited by joz

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree, very exciting news indeed. I was hoping for a Journey to Atlantis style ride but any Intamin coaster would be fantastic. It's still quite a long way off though so it wouldn't surprise me if their plans change slightly.

Same here Goliath, i couldn't help myself either. Seaworld has not brought out a new ride for ages!! :( The latest rides that were added to Seaworld was Cartoon Network Cartoon Beach - and the area didn't even have a kiddie coaster (Sea World really needs one). Anyway onto the new coaster - I would of thought that a Impulse Coaster would of been good for Sea World, dosent take up too much room and could be themed to a sea animal, E.g: An Electric Eel. However, they are deciding to build a Intamin Launch Coaster - How come WVTP are building the same style coaster twice? So i thought to myself, mabey they are planning to build a water coaster. And Intamin do make water coasters. But, it is a launch coaster. So i did more research and found this Intamin Aqua Trax, called Atlantis Adventure, in a park called Lotte World, here is the website - http://www.rcdb.com/id1646.htm It has a LIM launch!! :o So Sea World will probably getting a Water coaster with a launch. If you look at the pictures the theming is really extensive (it also looks really cool) and the Atlantis type theme could be used in Sea World. If anybody wants to comment on my theory, please do. CoasterBoy6

Edited by Coaster Boy 6

I think it could be an impulse coaster. After all, the only information given was that the coaster is Intamin, and launched, so an impulse coaster fits that description. Impulse coasters take up hardly any space, so one could probably fit in well with Sea World. But I have to admit Coaster Boy, an Intamin Aqua Trax would be pretty awesome!

Well, going by RCDB for existing Intamin Launch Coasters, it could be: An Aqua Trax - That would be my first choice Reverse Freefall Coaster - With one up the road at DW, Nope! Suspended catapult coaster - Like volcano the ride, that would be cool, but i dont know if they would want to canibalise LW Impulse Coaster - Nice compact ride that could work well Half Pipe Coaster - Again, a nice compact ride that could work well Accelerator - With one just opened at MW, no way. Family/Mine train coaster - Some of these have launches, maybe lasseters lost reef could return. New Model - Maybe there could be a new coaster type where SW would be first. You never know.......

Edited by Gazza

Yeh Dreamworld Rulz - Its just so exciting to see Seaworld to get a new ride after about 5 years and somthing that will probably be an Australian first!!! :) I would absoulutely love if Sea World got a Intamin Impulse Coaster or Aqua Trax. Probably a Impulse more than a Aqua Trax, because Sea World has already got two very good water rides. ( Bermuda Triangle and Vikings Revenge Flume Ride). Ahh, who cares, at least there geting a Intamin coaster!!

The thing to remember is that SW has a height limit of around 100 feet, so the idea of an impulse is pretty much gone. While there are rumours of a water ride, I think part of that story is somewhat dependent on buying the land out the front of the carpark, which hasn't happened yet, so one of those ultra cool looking Aquatrax rides ain't ganna happen this time around.

I was just reading through some of the other threads in the Sea World forum and found this:

Have just heard word around work (Sea World) that Dugong Discovery and the HR building will be demolished at the end of 2006 to make way for a new river ride. Not sure how reliable the source is, but it is just a rumor I heard in the lunch room the other day.
Maybe a clue of the location of the new attraction?

Please Rabid, could you please give us a indecation if we are on the right track or have completly got it all wrong (:() on guessing the new ride for SW? And is it true that Sea World has got an 100 feet hight limit? If this is true than we will not be gettin a very tall water ride or coaster, considering Superman Escape is 10 meters taller than the limit! :o CoasterBoy6

I think what he is trying to say is, that if sea world has a 100ft limit, then Superman is 10 meters above that limit, What i think he is trying to get by is that if there is a height limit, The roller-coaster won't be very big. If we were to get a rocket coaster (highly doubtful) we would probably be looking at something like Rita at Alton Towers/

Thanks joz. Having not been to SW for a few years now, I was wondering if this land out the front of the carpark is the large vacant lot south of the carpark? (I'm using Google Earth). Sorry if it's a dumb question, but it would be weird if they did use that land, considering it's on the other side of the parking lot, wouldnt it?

I have not been there recently, so no ground marking knowledge for me. I think something by the carpark is unlikely. there is very little staging room "inside" the park for them to put anything there. Sure it would be great to send the coaster around the carpark, but I dont see them putting anything out that way. The most likely bet that I could say would be for it to be out behind bermuda, either towards corkscrew, and fit the two side by side (which would also keep the thrills together, not to mention minimise stress on the animals, as the corkscrew is already something in that area that animals would be used to) In Google Earth'ing the park, it seems to me to be one of those two places, Nara closes off the north side, Admin etc close off the south side, and most other places are restricted by the need to minimise stress on the animals\minimise impact on the shows. For my money, its going behind (north) of bermuda's showroom, or beside (east) bermuda showroom next to corkscrew. Im bound to be wrong, but thats where my money is.

Just touching on the carpark story: With the cruise ship terminal the QLD government is looking at selling an area about twice the size of Wild West Falls south of the SW carpark (actually more likley to be just south of the Monorail track, since SW doesn't own the carpark from there back), but that apparently also includes the feild which is used as an overflow carpark over summer. The story is that supposedly the carpark will be pushed back and a water ride will take over the area where HR and Dugong Discovery are currently and extend into what is currently carpark. How much credit to this there is I'm not sure, but the fact that the land is for sale is pretty much confirmed and on the public record. Any more bets on the location?