Increase in Dreamworld's value

Adam

Thanks for that Adam. Greg Shaw said "The water park will provide a new level of customer experience with an inventory of new rides and attractions never before seen in the Australian market". If he has promised this once again it must mean we are going to get some pretty special attractions. So even though current construction only shows signs of small towers and some basic slides, there must be more to come...

Thanks for that Adam. Greg Shaw said "The water park will provide a new level of customer experience with an inventory of new rides and attractions never before seen in the Australian market". If he has promised this once again it must mean we are going to get some pretty special attractions. So even though current construction only shows signs of small towers and some basic slides, there must be more to come...
Whoa, what a backflip!

Thanks Richard. I'm trying to change my attitude and be a bit more positive about this Gazza. The management behind Dreamworld and Macquarie Leisure have proven they know what they're doing, so I'm now trying to tell myself they will get the waterpark right, even though we have seen no evidence of this at this stage. When they mentioned "never before seen in Australia attractions" previously I was worried they may have been referring to the FlowRider only. This could have been especially true if your theory had been correct Gazza. But now there is no doubt the FlowRider is a part of Dreamworld and this latest press release again mentions "never before seen attractions" I figure we would have to be getting something good in the waterpark. It would be total and utter false advertising otherwise

Ok, these announcements have been popping up occasionally for the last couple of years, and now I really need to know, what is the relevance of the parks value? Is it borrowing power, security to the share holders or what? I really don't understand what the parks value has to do with *anything*, and there should be at least one financially savy person on these boards.

Yeah that's pretty much it - in theme park terms it's a pretty irrelevant figure. The only reason it's a headline article at the moment (aside from it being the closest thing to anything happening at the moment) is because I think that it's really interesting to see how much it has increased in value since Macquarie Leisure purchased it. It's also very interesting to see just how effective the water park and future developments will be for increasing Macquarie Leisure's overall profile. To me (and I'm sure Macquarie Leisure) a 30% jump in just one year suggests that they're going down the right track for long-term viability. At the end of the day capital investment into the park is paying off by exponentially increasing the park's value. This should give them even more confidence to keep on pumping the park full of new rides and attractions.