Richard

Dreamworld's water park gets a name

8 posts in this topic

I was wondering the same thing. I don't love the name but I certainly don't hate it either. Thought it would have been cool if they'd gone for a specific theme to differentiate from Wet 'n' Wild, as it is it's very generic. I think it's ok though. One major problem with the name Bluewater Bay is the fact that it has already been used for a large holiday and permanent apartment complex... and it's on the Gold Coast funnily enough. The website domain name has also been taken by this complex - www.bluewaterbay.com.au I had a look at the registry details for www.whitewaterworld.com.au and sure enough it has been registered by Macquarie Leisure: Domain Name: whitewaterworld.com.au Last Modified: Never Updated Registrar ID: R00055-AR Registrar Name: Domain Registration Services Status: INACTIVE Registrant: Macquarie Leisure Operations Limited Registrant ID: ABN 22104529106 Registrant ROID: C4021724-AR Tech ID: C4021724-AR

Edited by Richard
Removed private contact information.

Not really too fussed on the name, its not great, but not bad either. Just so long as whats on the inside is creative and fun, a little bit of originality wouldn't go astray either. I wonder when they will launch the website? I think doing a little teaser for the park in the months prior to opening would be a great idea.

It's certainly far from the worst on the list. I think it was pretty likely they'd go with a "World" just so it fit in with the other Gold Coast parks - it's definitely a brandname in that sense which they need to cash in on. It's a far better name than "Wet'n'Wild Water World" (they never should have added Water World on the end), it's just a shame it came after WnW so it has to be the one labeled as a copy.

I don't really care what it's called as long as it kicks arse. Having an extra "So called" Theme Park is debatable, But it just means that i get to spend an extra nite in Surfers. Which i'm sure the *Insert hotel name here* won't mind. :D

Hmmm...Master Blaster??? PLEASE let it be true!!! A bowl slide would be great too, body or tube. My imagination is going crazy with possibilies....any ideas when we will be told what the line-up will be???