WWE star to appear @ MW

MEET ONE OF THE WORLD'S BIGGEST STARS AT WARNER BROS MOVIE WORLD. Warner Bros. Movie World is the only place where you can meet your favourite stars and super-heroes, and experience the exhilaration of world-class adventure rides and movie attractions…where an exciting encounter or adventure takes place at every turn. Now it’s your turn to meet one of the World’s Biggest Stars… World Wrestling Entertainment's STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN, one of the best-known wrestlers of all time will be making a personal appearance exclusively at Warner Bros. Movie World on Saturday 22nd July at 10.00am and 1.00pm to meet fans and sign autographs. Stone Cold Steve Austin is currently on the Gold Coast filming the action thriller movie THE CONDEMNED. Don’t miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity only at Warner Bros. Movie World!

post-538-1152592368_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Big News! A film crew have set up on the beach about 10 minutes north from where I live at a small place called Cabarita Beach. (Sometimes they have surfing events here and occasionally movies.) Anyway, I drove past and was wondering what all the fuss was about. I'd heard they were going to film a helicopter crash on the beach/headland. I thought to myself that it would be interesting to see but I didn't realise that it was actually part of the filming for The Condemed, at least not until a friend at school told me it had Steve Austin in it! Sadly, they filmed the crash yesterday and I couldn't make it there. Today was the last day of filming there I'm pretty sure. It was a pretty big deal when we went past and there was a helicopter perched ontop of the headland, everything was blocked off and the public couldn't get very close. I wish I had've known sooner and I would've got some pics. Anyway, just thought I should let you know!

Another from the Gold Coast Bulletin:

HUNDREDS of Cabarita locals watched yesterday as shooting for Hollywood film The Condemned reached spectacular heights with a mock helicopter explosion off Norries Headland. Actor and former wrestler 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin was involved in a scene in which he chased down an escaping chopper in a crucial final shot for the $27 million movie. Cabarita residents have been on star alert since an 85-strong production crew set up base on Monday. Location manager Scott Stewart said the shoot was expected to wrap today. "We scouted quite a few locations up and down the coast but this headland was perfect for what we needed and we also knew that productions had shot at Cabarita before," said Mr Stewart. "Everything has gone to plan apart from the rain but all we really need are a few decent days of sunshine and we will have the footage we need. The pyrotechnic explosion went exactly to plan and there was plenty of smoke for the locals to take a peek at." Cabarita beach surf club lifeguards patrolled the beaches to ward off anyone who strayed too close to the filming, which also featured former Neighbours star Madeline West. Lifeguard Steve Sharp said the producers had made a donation to the club to thank the local community. "In return we have a few of our volunteers manning the area and letting people know what's happening and to stay away when the cameras start rolling," said Mr Sharp. The feature film, which has been shot at the Village Roadshow Warner Brothers studio at Oxenford since April, will return to the Gold Coast for the final scenes.

Yeh, that sounds about right. They had to apply to council for the whole thing. Went past today and everything was pretty much packed up. Only a tent or two still being pulled down and several trucks being loaded with stuff. I'd say there'll be no sign of them by tomorrow.

Edited by WnW_Rocks

Steven Austin was very nice to all at the signing and stayed in the sun, signing for about 4hrs in total. Started at 10am through to 12...had a one hour lunch with some not so lucky kiddies, then back to signing from 1pm to 3pm.... Made my youngest sons day, not to mention this old wrestling fan very happy... P.S Was going to add photo, but did in fast reply and can't be bothered remembering everything I typed...lol