WhiteWater World Construction Discussion

Richard

Anyway I found this... WWW's annual pass. WhiteWater World's Aqua Max Pass ARE YOU JOKING ME? HOW DODGE. NO SCHOOL HOLIDAYS? LIKE WTF. Also entry will be capped...
All of this stuff you mentioned has/is already being discussed in the relevant thread about WhiteWater World's website. By the way your post asking what the website URL is when it's already in your signature is hysterical. Here's hoping that appears in Australian Amusement Lowdown

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Mikey G? Is he some sort of Radio Announcer? I work in radio, and I have never heard of him (or his voice for a matter of a fact) apart from his role in those video's.
He hosts Friday Nite Live (BB show) BB uplate, Has his own radio show (not sure what station it is) He also warms the crowd up during the the ad breaks when there's an eviction show. Plus he's the voice over for the BB daily show.

Looks Great. Obviously they will update the videos once the rides have opened. Did anyone notice on The Rip (bowl) one part looks almost clear on the side, like clear plastic. Im not sure if its just the way im looking at it. check it out. would be kool looking at people go down and around.

Well if you dont have kids than it wouldn't bug you but it is unfair to those that have kids and most visitors to these parks are parents. I wonder what ever possessed them to make that choice since as you said, gazza, its like a peak period for the parks. Well if you dont have kids than it wouldn't bug you but it is unfair to those that have kids and most visitors to these parks are parents. I wonder what ever possessed them to make that choice since as you said, gazza, its like a peak period for the parks. Edit: Not sure if anyone has read the FAQ but this is interesting..

How is WhiteWater World different from other water parks? * The most advanced water ride park on earth. * Uses cutting edge technology to deliver thrills for all ages. * Has the hottest water slides on the planet * One of the most shaded water parks in the world * One of the most water efficient water park in the world * It's all about shared experiences - most rides can be experienced with friends Is it too cold to come in winter? WhiteWater World is heated during winter. Wind structures have been included on all ride queues providing extra comfort for guests. Can we exit the park during the day & come back later? Yes, you can exit and return to the park as many times as you like during your day of visit. How can I protect my valuables while in park? WhiteWater World has over 650 electronic security lockers available for hire
Most shaded? hehe guess they are still fixing those up..and the wind structures are good..can get pretty windy on those towers. Edited by lisalila

Great to see they're doing something about wind! There's nothing worse than being there on a cold windy day!

Get unlimited access to WhiteWater World excluding school holiday periods and public holidays.
That is insane! :'( I saw we all sign a petition! They call it a 12 month annual pass, more like a 9.5 month annual pass! And it's WAAAYYYY more expensive than WNW's! I say we boycott buying annual passes! :P

What I want to know now is, what will WWW do if WnW simply puts in new slides that directly compete with DWs new offerings? According to the WWW website the Rip cost about $1.4 mil from memory (lol too lazy to check), and that is just a fraction of what WnW spent on all its expansions. I mean they could always just install say a couple of master blasters, and a couple of cannon bowls off the one tower, it could be done for under 5 mil and basically then the only real point of difference between both parks is WWW having BRO. But i must say its odd how WWW havent tried to better any of WVTPs deals, they are charging more for tickets, i guess they must be relying soley on the parks novelty...

What I want to know now is, what will WWW do if WnW simply puts in new slides that directly compete with DWs new offerings? According to the WWW website the Rip cost about $1.4 mil from memory (lol too lazy to check), and that is just a fraction of what WnW spent on all its expansions. I mean they could always just install say a couple of master blasters, and a couple of cannon bowls off the one tower, it could be done for under 5 mil and basically then the only real point of difference between both parks is WWW having BRO. But i must say its odd how WWW havent tried to better any of WVTPs deals, they are charging more for tickets, i guess they must be relying soley on the parks novelty...
It's a bit hard as WVTP has 3 parks but WWW only has DW.

My guess is that the park could be ensuring capacity does not become a major problem in its first year or so. If they offered prices similar or better than WnW's you can imagine there would be nothing stopping the park from being totally packed. Remembering that WWW is only aiming for close to half of WnW's attendance to start with, they can probably afford to miss out on a few customers due to higher prices. My only concern would be if this theory doesn't work out for them it will be very hard for them to shake their 'expensive' reputation. Once people decide a park is charging too much, they will usually continue to look at it as a rip off no matter how much it becomes discounted

It's a bit hard as WVTP has 3 parks but WWW only has DW.
What has that got to do with it? -A summer pass (2 Parks) is cheaper than a world pass. -An aqua max pass costs more than a Wet'n'Wild season pass -WWW one day entry costs more than WnW one day entry -Maquarie places more restrictions on their tickets, such as not being able to park hop with a world pass (compared to a summer pass) and being blocked out of visiting WWW on a season ticket for roughly a quarter of the time.

What has that got to do with it? -A summer pass (2 Parks) is cheaper than a world pass. -An aqua max pass costs more than a Wet'n'Wild season pass -WWW one day entry costs more than WnW one day entry -Maquarie places more restrictions on their tickets, such as not being able to park hop with a world pass (compared to a summer pass) and being blocked out of visiting WWW on a season ticket for roughly a quarter of the time.
heaps WVTP OWNS 3 parks. Maquarie OWNS DW. 3 parks v's 1 park = More money = More guests = Less entry fee.