WhiteWater World Construction Discussion

Richard

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Dreamworld today and they had water running down a variety of rides. The LIM sections on the Rocket Slide have been covered with orange plastic (this question was asked earlier on the forums). Water and high current electricity don't mix too well.
From Whitewater World website - The Countdown Is On! Construction company, Watpac has formally handed over the first two completed sections of WhiteWater World to Dreamworld's operational team. This includes The Temple of Huey, Beyond The Beach merchandise store and WhiteWater World's impressive Guest Services building. Lucky test riders will begin to launch down the SuperTubes HydroCoaster in the next couple of weeks while The Murphy's Waves installation crew from Scotland put the final touches on the Cave of Waves. WhiteWater World was also introduced to the media for the very first time last Friday with a site tour and demonstration of the cutting edge filtration system set to save 3 Olympic swimming pools of water every year. Stay tuned for more exciting updates as WhiteWater World gets set to sizzle this Summer.

Wow... The time has seriously just gone so quick. Only seemed like the otherday when the area was being prepared and no machinery was there! YAY! I have read many times about the Waves being surfable... do you think that they would have special surfing events for the public at night? Like a surfest or surfing competition, because that would be so awesomely awesome if they did! :D

I drove past this morning, there are wire sections over the Supertubes Hydrocoaster for netting. The LIM has been covered but no shade sail over BRO atm :( It is looking so good.
Thanks for the update. Apparantley they had some issues with the BRO shade. Originally it was going to be made of a proper shade membrane but due to wind loadings they changed it to shade cloth. Also, the guy that is putting it together also did the FlowRider area. He was running late with that and it looks like he is running late with this too. Under 3 weeks to go I'm sure they will want to tie up all these loose ends asap or they will be regretting bringing the opening date forward. Although opening with an unfinished park is not totally rare

Dude, opening things completely unfinished is the fashion these days. It even happens with new Shopping Centre's. They open them even though they are still building it. Totally weird. It also looks totally **** driving into an underground carpark which has scaffolding all around it. But thats their way to maximise profits I suppose.

I was at Dreamworld today and could see what could be the recording of promotional material for the waterpark. I managed to get some shots of the park today (sorry about the Cyclone parts in the pics). Almost all of the slides were in operation today to the closed audience. Update Pics
Awesome pics!! Cheers for that - the Green Room looks awesome! :D I love how close it is to the Cyclone 'swell.

I think the park has really come ahead presentation wise. I really like the design and colours of those shade structures around the park next to the pathways. The landscaping and pool finishes is also helping to bring everything together. The only area I'm not a huge fan of is the Temple of Huey but I guess they have had restrictions due to its position next to the Cyclone. I still can't get over how poorly manafactured the bluey/grey 'transparent' section of the blue slide is. The colour of the individual slide pieces is so inconsistent and there is even a piece or 2 where it looks like there is rust or some other discolouring at the fibreglass join. If I was DW I'd be asking for a partial refund. As I said though the rest of the park is looking really good at this stage, with still a few finishing touches to go yet. The Green Room and Hydrocoaster look excellent from that angle. The colours are working well although surprisingly it appears that Wiggle Bay is the least colourful section of the whole park when you'd think it would be the opposite. Thanks very much for the pics

Edited by GoGoBoy

I was at Dreamworld today and could see what could be the recording of promotional material for the waterpark. I managed to get some shots of the park today (sorry about the Cyclone parts in the pics). Almost all of the slides were in operation today to the closed audience. Update Pics
Thanks for the pics. It's looking fantastic. On another note, I noticed on the WWW website today that they have changed the height limits for some of the rides. The BRO, Hypercoaster, Temple Of Huey and Pipeline Plunge last week had height restrictions starting at 110cm, and now they have reduced it to 100cm. Not that I'm complaining cause now I can take my daughter on alot more slides when I go up in March next year. Anyone know the reason for the height change? Edited by cheesy

I am pretty sure most of the rides will have the logo's displayed on the individual ride signage. I certainly hope so as this helps add a lot to the theming. I know that this is definitely the case with (as you said) the Rip and also the Hydrocoaster and Green Room. It is logical that the others would be the same. I like the way you can hear the surf god Huey 'groaning' when you run your mouse over the Cave of Waves. I certainly hope they actually use this sound effect at the park via speakers to signify when the waves are starting up

Just a quick question with this info for the web site. IMPORTANT: WhiteWater World visitor numbers are capped to ensure there is no overcrowding. Entry will be on a first come, first served basis. Once the park capacity is reached we cannot permit any further entries. I'm just wondering will they let people in after a certain amount of people have left after the park has reached it's cap? EDIT : Does anyone know how much the cap is?

Edited by dreamworld_rulz

Just a quick question with this info for the web site. IMPORTANT: WhiteWater World visitor numbers are capped to ensure there is no overcrowding. Entry will be on a first come, first served basis. Once the park capacity is reached we cannot permit any further entries. I'm just wondering will they let people in after a certain amount of people have left after the park has reached it's cap? EDIT : Does anyone know how much the cap is?
So is the confirmed opening date the 8th Dec? My Marketing Manager has arranged an industry FOC for my family on the 8th for Dreamworld and I am wondering if it will be very busy. If so I will get it changed to the 6th and hopefully miss all the crowds I know this has already been covered but is WWW a seperate entry or included in DW entry? This is my first ever visit to DW and I am mainly going for Wiggles World for my 2yo and also the other major thrill rides like TOT, GD etc etc. Any help or advice much appreciated. SW, MW, PC, WnW, DW, AZ all industry FOC - looking forward to my first visit to all of these parks!