WhiteWater World Construction Discussion

Richard

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gold Coast's major water problems were a few years ago and somewhat alleviated by a one-way pipeline from Brisbane's supply to the Gold Coast's. Up here is where we need the water now. We get the rain, but just not enough in the catchment areas - the past week of nonstop rain in Brisbane only gave our main dam an extra four days of drinking water.

Drove past Whitewater World today. Octopus Racer looks almost finished, maybe 3 or 4 pieces to go up the top. LOOKS GREAT! I really spectacular looking slide, especially with the eight slides tangled together at the top. Some of the curves look really tight and FAST! Also there's a small section on Whitewater World in the Dreamworld e-newsletter. Hopefully we'll see the beginnigs of a website soon?

I took this on my cell as i drove past. Not the best but u get an idea. http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/1971/dsc01488wh2.jpg
This is Australia not America. The correct word is mobile. I hate it when people use American words. BTW thanks for the pic it's awesome. WWW will be awesome when it opens. EDIT : Just wondering will WWW have dive in movies? Edited by dreamworld_rulz

Great update. Rich has now confirmed that the park will be getting a rocket slide so it's time to start celebrating all you coaster fans! Some truly great attraction choices. The only thing I would say is there is a bit too much orange but I think it's good they've made the park so bright. I also think the landscaping is going to look excellent, those palms are very cool. Will be a lot better than WnW's cheap and abundant grass 'landscaping' plonked in for H20 Zone. Rich you mentioned that the Nickelodeon kids area is similar to WnW's Bucaneer Bay however from my understanding it is quite a lot larger. Is that right? From what I saw of Bucaneer Bay it only had a couple of very small slides whereas the Nick area has multiple slides which are quite a lot longer

The similarities are really in terms of the styles of attractions that are found in the area. I'd say that in terms of actual area, Whitewater World's children's area is probably the same size as Buccaneer Bay or maybe even smaller. Wet'n'Wild has considerable general pool areas around it that it doesn't look like Whitewater World will be getting. It does however certainly have more attractions. As you can see in some of the photos, it's an absolute mess of platforms, ramps and slides. I agree with the orange-ness of it. Hopefully once it's fully landscaped and paved we'll have something to take away from the nearing gaudy colour schemes we're currently seeing. One thing is for sure, they'll certainly get looks from the highway.

Looking good there Richo, I definitely agree with you about there being a timing/disqualification system on the racer, but one thing it should have is actual times (to nearest ms) and a display showing the best 3 times for the day. Also, with the entrance, do you think it was their intention to make the canopies look like slide segments. They look like crap IMO (sorry, but they do), i would have thought something in the style of the roof on the toilet blocks would have been better. And just another little thing, i have noticed large sections of the site have temporary fence, makes you wonder why they didnt just build the proper fence in the first place and just put the temporary ones where they are needed.

Edited by Gazza

Just quickly, I've updated this gallery to include three new images which I left out originally. #14 (last on Page 2) shows a different angle of Tower 2. #28 (fourth on Page 3) is a good angle of the entire Nickelodeon area. #34 (last) shows the plaza that's being built out the front entrance of the park.

White water world has some ugly colours like you all said hopefully the landscaping will fix it
You can blame Atomiq (the company creating the theming for the park) for the colours. They chose the colour scheme for all the attractions and the entire park in general. As I said I am happy that they have gone with bright colours to set them apart from Wet 'n' Wild however some of the individual choices appear to have been a bit wrong. Anyway we will have to wait and see when it's all finished it should come together okay. Regarding the front entry awnings Gazza, I agree they are a bit average. However when combined with the colour scheme, the mural which is going up on the front building and the cool palm trees, I think the overall effect will be quite good. Very beachy

mattcrombie that's up to you. There is only 1 more attraction which has not yet really been revealed. I haven't mentioned it yet as there have not been any pics of its construction. This is because apparantley Dreamworld put in a late order for this particular attraction so Proslide are still manafacturing it. The supports are up for it though and the splashdown pool shell is built

As long as the paint is some sort of solar guard, I don't have any problems. :P Seriously though, I don't have any problems with the colours, aslong as there is nice gardens around the area, and it looks great, I really don't see any problems with the colours. But thats just me. And we all know how weird I am. :P

I fully agree. The brightness will not be an issue if it's complemented with some nice gardens, decent footpaths and just good landscaping in general. Theming elements here and there that allude to the park's surf theme but don't try and overstate it would also be welcome. I think that bright and happy colours need some kind of grounding to work best, and I don't think anything does this better than some quality tropical gardens.