WhiteWater World Construction Discussion

Richard

Yes I'd say the construction at this point has made it obvious that one of the attractions coming off tower 3 will be a ProSlide Octopus Racer. This is certainly something to get excited about as they look like incredibly fun rides. The other thing worth mentioning from the latest Ozcoaster update is the interactive play structure currently under construction which is being themed to Nickelodeon. You can see the giant Nickelodeon splashdown bucket on site. I personally think this a very clever tie in with the already exisiting (and successful) theming of Dreamworld's Nick Central area. I have not seen many waterparks use cross-promo branding but it definitely makes sense

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Ozcoaster one of the forum members said that it will be the first 8 lane Octopus Racer that Pro.Slide has built for a waterpark! These look really cool and I think deserve alot of hype. You'll probably get some good speed through the tunnels. Going down those pitch black tunnels head first, not knowing when you are going to see daylight again, is got to be a preety disorientating experience! I also hope that WWW gets a dark mammoth,couple of flumes and a Bowl slide from Proslide. Ok, lets look at the line up so far: 1. Nickelodeon Kids Play Area. 2. 8 lane octopus racer. 3. Turbo tunnels - Or could they be for the Octopus Racer? 4. Unconfirmed Proslide Rocket 5. Tube Slides 6. Wave Pool. 7. Green Tornado. 8. Big red tunnel slide. Looks like a good line up to me. CoasterBoy6

I was that member on Ozcoaster, proves how memorable my name is :P Ok, lets clear things up. -The Rocket is confirmed (well not by the park, but you get what i mean), but i have another source, and it is definitley one. -The turbo tunnels will go with the octopus since they both share the same slide profile (36' i think), Oh, and the racer will definitely have 8 lanes (unless they decided to change at the last minute) -The "big red tunnel slide" will most likely (actually, definitley) be part of the Rocket, remember that rockets have enclosed sections too.

Coaster Boy 6 - just to put you out of your misery there will not be any Dark Mammoth or Turbo Tunnel slides from what I know. However I have heard the park may look at these in the near future. As Gazza said, the world first 8 lane Octopus Racer is a definite. Although not officially announced by the park yet, I think it's ok to discuss it as the construction pics have made it fairly obvious

Edited by GoGoBoy

Very interesting news. I drove past today and I could see the Kids area looking very bright and loads and loads of supports and cranes and slide pieces everywhere. I didn't get any pics it wasn't worth it cause it looks the same from the Ozcoaster update. Hey GoGoBoy and me can actually tell you guys that this park is gonna be awesome and all the attractions are gonna be awesome...there are still some slides that you people haven't worked out.... B) Cant wait till it opens. :D

Well I'd say ProSlide is the main one at the moment, White Water West was supposed to have a part in it and I can't remember who the company doing the Wave Pool was. I'm sure someone can correct me. I know it's a bit early for this but has anyone heard an opening date yet or are we still guessing before the end of the year?

To update you on things just slightly, even though we all knew it, they announced today that the park will indeed be home to the world's first 8-lane Octo-racer slide. Opening date is now confirmed to December 26. All construction is on track according to the latest reports. I'll try to organise an update for some stage this week.

Boxing Day :D I'm so badly getting a ticket on opening day unless something comes up or there's a special preview thingy but I doubt that. Some more photos would be great, do we know whether or not those really skiny red and yellow pieces are part of the octo racer or a bowl or turbo tunnel maybe? Ideas?

do we know whether or not those really skiny red and yellow pieces are part of the octo racer or a bowl or turbo tunnel maybe? Ideas?
Those particular pieces you are talking about are definitely for the Octo Racer. I gotta tell you I can't wait to ride that thing. Rich - did they formally announce any of the other attractions? Otherwise it would seem strange if they just announced the Octo Racer and nothing else. By the way everyone there are some more really good construction photos at http://www.australianamusementfanatics.com in the Dreamworld Waterpark forum. Scroll down to the bottom of the 'More Construction Pictures' thread for the latest pics from a few days ago Edited by GoGoBoy

Macquarie Leisure released select bits of information as part of a shareholder financial report. That was the only remotely new thing that we haven't either heard or seen for ourselves. Tornado was mentioned (referred to only as Tornado, so it may be sticking), as was the Nickelodeon area, but the report was really all about that they are on budget and on schedule, which is certainly a good thing. They are however already touting it as a world-first, to answer earlier questions about whether they will be using this to their advantage, so they're certainly aware of its current uniqueness. Why ProSlide decided to market a ride with six lanes as an octopus in the first place is pretty puzzling. :)

I just found a very cool recent aerial photo of the entire waterpark. It is part of the financial report which Richard mentioned above so is available for public viewing. Have a look at http://www.macquarie.com.au/au/property/ac...tation_2006.pdf and scroll down until you find the photo. Note how cool the shape of the wavepool is - it's got a very natural looking lagoon style entry rather than the basic shapes of traditional wavepools

Why ProSlide decided to market a ride with six lanes as an octopus in the first place is pretty puzzling. smile.gif
Calling the 6 lane version an insect racer or the 4 lan version a quadriped racer just doesnt have the same ring to it :). But with that aerial photo you can notice a few things. Firstly you can see the toddler pool next to the play structure (yup, 2 kids zones). Look closely behind the octo racer, you can see the splash pool for the last attraction (yet to be announced) Another other thing is the spacing of the park. Considering that they have limited land to play with it is wierd to see just how much of the park is empty space thats going to get closed in. I was expecting more density. Also, there seems to be a lack of toilet blocks, i can count only 3. IMO another one near the racer would round it off well. Somehow i think the employee carpark is next on the chopping block for park expansion. Another area i think they could add rides is the area between cyclones lift and first drop. Its linear so maybe some speed slides could fit... Edited by Gazza