WhiteWater World Construction Discussion

Richard

I have a feeling that the colours will end up suiting the park really well once names and sub-themes of attractions are taken into consideration. As for this final, un-announced attraction; I read somewhere that there will be another four-person tube slide. If this is true, I'm really hoping it's a behemoth bowl! Regardless, I'm sure it will be a great attraction!

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy sh*t, the entrance looks heaps cheap and nasty. Hopefully it will look better when its completed. Overall it looks good with all the bright colours, although I'm not sure how well they compliment each other, but on a whole, I'm quite impressed. Is it just me, or does the whole Nickelodeon area look a big mess? It looks way too cluttered and is not appealing to the eye at all. I'm liking the Spongebob though.

Edited by Drewboy

Flat water Attractions: Wave Pool Toddler Pool Nickelodeon Interactive Play Structure Tornado Proslide Uphill coaster style waterside Proslide 3 large Body slides located in Cyclone helix 4 Kids slides Nickelodeon Structure 8 lane multi track mat racer octoracer 4 person inner tube bowl waterside Proslide 4 toddler slides in toddler pool Buildings: 3 Food and Bev outlets 1st as u walk in to the left next to retail store 2nd in front of rocket slide 3rd in front of Nickelodeon kids area 1 retail store at the front on left as you walk in 3 mobile carts food & Bev located all over the park Second entrance next to Flowrider to connect Dreamworld 2 Restrooms

Does anyone know whether or not the rides will have names and theming?
Yes I am pleased to say each ride will have an individual name and theming. Some of the actual colours chosen for the slides will match the name/theme of that slide. There is a specific reason why the Octo Racer is orange with blue bands and it has to do with the theme that has been chosen for it. Ten points if anyone can guess what that is. I do agree that while the brightness of the park is a good thing some of the colours do not compliment each other. Example the purple support poles for the orange Octo Racer. Then there is the general orange overkill. Apparantley the theming company Atomiq also decided to make some of the exit portions of the slides slightly transparent. This is why the rocket slide has that terrible poo brown at the end (while the rest of it is red and orange) and the blue Cyclone slide has a weird lighter blue in its mid section. I think they should have just kept the colours consistent. However I am being really picky here and overall I think the place is going to look excellent upon completion. A big part of it will be thanks to the no doubt excellent landscape design the park will receive from the company Urban Landscape Design. And let's not forget about the parks brilliant line up of attractions. How good are they!! Edited by GoGoBoy

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Looks great! I still can't believe we're finally getting something good! Happy Happy Happy! :D EDIT: Wait, is that a purple piece of slide in that first pic? It looks quite large. :P Please be a Behmoth Bowl or whatever they're called! Eh, Tony, ZC Colours. :P

Edited by WnW_Rocks

It's funny because as much as I have come to dislike Dreamworld itself over the years the more and more I see of this park the more I am liking it. I really think that WWW is going to be a force to be reconed with and and awesome park when it is finished. Pretty well every single one of its attractions is at the top end of waterslide based attractions. WnW is going to have to pull out some big ones to combat this joint and I for one think that a little healthy competition between the two parks is going to be great. It's also great to see them doing everything right with WWW like leaving room for logical expansion and most imprortantly going the extra expense of adding raft conveyors for EVERY slide to save people having to drag tubes up stairways. Something I was very dissapointed to see WnW didn't do with Tornado. BRING ON DECEMBER!

It's funny because as much as I have come to dislike Dreamworld itself over the years the more and more I see of this park the more I am liking it. I really think that WWW is going to be a force to be reconed with and and awesome park when it is finished. Pretty well every single one of its attractions is at the top end of waterslide based attractions. WnW is going to have to pull out some big ones to combat this joint and I for one think that a little healthy competition between the two parks is going to be great. It's also great to see them doing everything right with WWW like leaving room for logical expansion and most imprortantly going the extra expense of adding raft conveyors for EVERY slide to save people having to drag tubes up stairways. Something I was very dissapointed to see WnW didn't do with Tornado. BRING ON DECEMBER!
Have to agree with you on that one. I couldn't understand why WnW couldn't put in conveyor belts. Yes it'll cost more but you'll get more peeps riding it. I'm glad WWW has done this. WWW will be a ripper park when it opens. I can't wait to visit it on 24th Jan.

Wow! Looks great! I still can't believe we're finally getting something good! Happy Happy Happy! :D EDIT: Wait, is that a purple piece of slide in that first pic? It looks quite large. :P Please be a Behmoth Bowl or whatever they're called! Eh, Tony, ZC Colours. :P
Yes WnW Rocks It is the Behemoth Bowl.:) Its a Massive one. Not all the peices are out as yet. B)

It looks like the Tornado has got a bit of an extra turnaround before the drop - e.g: look at the 2nd pic. Instead of doing a 180 U-turn like Tornado at W'n'W, it does a 270 turn around. Dreamworld have really pulled through with their promise and has even stomped all over my expectations for new types of rides. I was only thinking of things like a Tornado, mammoth (not enclosed), an elaborate kids area and a couple of tubed rides. But a rocket slide, a first ever 8-lane Octoracer, a Toanado and a Behemoth Bowl just really shows what they are about to accomplish with this waterpark. And WVTP have ever right to be scared of WWW :huh: . Forget about W'n'W next year. Go Dreamworld!!! :D Coaster Boy 6

Edited by Coaster Boy 6