WhiteWater World Construction Discussion

Richard

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^No one's complaining, just voicing their opinions. I disagree, I think the entrance is very important, because essentially, it sets the 'mood' of the entire park.
I never said it wasn't important I said they are still building the entrance, they still have too do the gardens and everything. I also said im sure it will look good at the end.

Have to agree with you on that one. I couldn't understand why WnW couldn't put in conveyor belts. Yes it'll cost more but you'll get more peeps riding it. I'm glad WWW has done this. WWW will be a ripper park when it opens. I can't wait to visit it on 24th Jan.
The reason WnW left the converyer belts for the tornado could have been because they wanted to get it built and into the park as quickly as possible so they could beat WWW's version.

The reason WnW left the converyer belts for the tornado could have been because they wanted to get it built and into the park as quickly as possible so they could beat WWW's version.
But tornado has had a very slow construction period, they could have easily fit it in. I think they didnt bother because its not really necessary and its just another expense.
IMO the entrance doesn't matter much because once you're through the gates you completely forget about it until you leave at the end of the day. (Even the signs saying 'Movie World 2km' are enough to set a mood though). tongue.gif
Going by that logic, we shouldnt bother to paint the outside of our house, tend to the garden, clean the driveway etc because we spend most of our time indoors rather than hanging around outside. IMO the entrance is important, all buildings should look good but currently what they are doing seems quite dated, but i think we all know that making things look nice isnt DWs strong point.

Rocket slide appears to be complete (including the raft lift). Doesnt look like the last slide has started vertical construction as yet, but I have seen some purple sections of slide sitting off to the side (beside Tornado and Rocket) that I am assuming would be for the last mystery attraction.

Rocket slide appears to be complete (including the raft lift). Doesnt look like the last slide has started vertical construction as yet, but I have seen some purple sections of slide sitting off to the side (beside Tornado and Rocket) that I am assuming would be for the last mystery attraction.
Its not a Mystery. Its the Behemoth Bowl. B)

Its not a Mystery. Its the Behemoth Bowl. B)
Is this for real?? If so I will be so happy. 3 of the slides I like in the US will be at WWW. Tornado, Watercoaster and the Toilet Bowl ride. Just a thought though, is it definitiely a behemoth bowl which is bigger and ridden on a 4 person tube or is there any chance it could just be a pro-bowl which is a body slide as I reckon the body slide one would be much more fun!! Also the behemoth bowl doesnt seem as popular with only 2 installed in the US compared to many pro-bowls Edited by clone_tk422

I found the small body version to be painful and really not all that exciting. The Behemoth Bowl meanwhile looks great and the capacity will be awesome. I'd hate to see the queue for the single rider version on a busy day - Wet'n'Wild in Orlando had two for a reason. (It's most definitely a Behemoth Bowl going in.)

I think they have definitely made the best choice going with the Behemoth Bowl without a doubt. The single rider ProBowls look painful as Richard said. The Behemoth Bowl is a relatively new design hence the reason there is not a great number of them. A version of the ProBowl has been around for a while now, and they aren't only manafactured by ProSlide. There are very few enclosed bowls around and Disco H20 is the only one I can think of. WhiteWater World's is definitely going to be an open air bowl which I think is fine. There is really no huge difference between the 2 anyway - they both offer identical ride experiences except one has a roof over the top. Anyway, be grateful that we are getting a water ride of this excellent standard, not to mention all the other top of the line attractions WWW is putting in

Although I'm in Sydney I received this construction update from my contact at the park: The first piece of the Behemoth Bowl has been put in place. One of the pools have been painted and is just about to be filled with water. More theming elements have been added and are apparantley looking quite good.... such as a boat on top of one of the buildings and a large fake rock wall for the wave pool. A number of the shade sails have also been put in place which should help to add lots of colour to the park

Edited by GoGoBoy

I will have a few pictures from about two weeks ago, which I'll post up sometime soon. So GoGoBoy, thats what they did with the boat which said something like "White Water World" on it. I saw it sitting on the ground near the entry booths and have ever since wondered what it is for. Anyway, being from Canberra, I don't get to see these theme park things too often in person, rather I get to see it via a photograph. And can i just say that the park looks excellent, from every angle you look at it, and I personally don't mind the entry gates. The Tornado attraction they are installing looks fantastic, and their colour scheme for this works really well, and it looks much nicer than WNW's Tornado ride.