WhiteWater World Construction Discussion

Richard

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well guys, got a new DW pass today. and when lookin into whitewaterworld they are filling the the pool that the cyclone flumes go into, it was half full and were still pumping the water in. the pool is either painted greyish colour or its a dark peepldash, but its not the same as the concrete colour. The bowls fram is in place and so is the exit funnel(with water curtain) there are also a few bright red pieces of slide, which im assuming are for the bowl itsself. the wave pool dosnet look very big(from GD anyhow, the beach area makes it look big, but the actuall deep part were the waves are looks quite small. also from the GD pretty much all the path work is complete(main paths anyhow). as has been mention blue lagoon has been coverd with concrete slab, toboggon pool is still there, flume has been taking down and th toboggon tower. Now the interseting part: what is going on over near big brother, the huge parcel of land that was on the left of the big brother path was all grass and a few trees. Its now completley leveled and has been leved with crusher dust, they were also laying concrete pipes along the side of the big bro path(like storm water pipes) as there was going to be a path layed over them to the new parcel of land.

Hey what pool was painted? ;) I went to dreamworld yesterday and when on the giant drop I was looking into the water park... Nothing seems to have changed apart from a theming on the wavepool, a few shades going up, and I saw slide parts in the back of the car park... what slide is that? Oh and sorry I forgot, green fencing was being assembled early in the morning, I saw them put it up when getting off the cyclone... damn thats a long exit path when you dont use the emergency exit.

Edited by mickey_079

I have heard from numerous sources that the crews are working around the clock to get it ready for opening in December. I have some photos that were taken yesterday (13th) of the park and some of the various attractions. They are not the best photos sorry guys, but better than nothing I guess.. http://www.boomgen.net/splash/www/construc...ber/gallery.htm Feel free to remove the link Richard if I am unable to post links to my own site...

Chaos-Maniac read this. Already posted.

Flat water Attractions: Wave Pool lagoon style Toddler Pool Wiggles themed Nickelodeon Interactive Play Structure Tornado Proslide Uphill coaster style waterside Proslide Rocketslide 3 large Body slides located in Cyclone helix 4 Kids slides Nickelodeon Structure 8 lane multi track mat racer octoracer 4 person inner tube bowl waterside Proslide Behemoth bowl 4 toddler slides in toddler pool Buildings: 3 Food and Bev outlets 1st as u walk in to the left next to retail store 2nd in front of rocket slide 3rd in front of Nickelodeon kids area 1 retail store at the front on left as you walk in 3 mobile carts food & Bev located all over the park Second entrance next to Flowrider to connect Dreamworld 2 Restrooms
Edited by mattcrombie

Jaggie - no need to apologise! Those are some of the best and most comprehensive shots I have seen of the park to date. Thanks for posting the link. The park is really starting to look fantastic. The wide shots of the Tornado and Rocket are great, those rides look excellent together. Seriously folks, how much fun is the Rocket going to be! The hills are huge and I still can't believe we are actually getting an uphill watercoaster in Australia. I also noticed the framework for the Bowl in the background of one of those shots and it looks like it's going to be massive. The presentation of the park also seems to be coming along really well. The plants are looking great and I am really liking those shade structures that will be everywhere. I'm very glad to see they painted the support poles for them

Who said they were world firsts? Anywho I was looking in the pictures and im probobly wrong but I can see alot of permament lighting in the park would that just be for night so everyone can see it while driving on the motorway or could it open at night occasionally?