WhiteWater World Construction Discussion

Richard

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WnW's colours seem more 'tropical' to me... WWW colurs seem ok but i think they may be overdoing the brightness....
I firmly agree with that. Even though I love the colour scheme for WWW, I think there is a point where the brightness could be overdone. I think if they continue, they will over do it. I guess we wait and see what happens when all the themeing is done!

I'd say it'll be when someone has time to do it, and there's something to report. My guess would be sometime soon, there's some themeing starting to show and the behemoth should be finished soon. That said, there's been a lil rain lately, so thay might have slowed things up a little. I only live about half hour from DW/WWW and might be heading to the coast tomorrow, so will see if I have time to stop in and take some pics.

I'd say it'll be when someone has time to do it, and there's something to report. My guess would be sometime soon, there's some themeing starting to show and the behemoth should be finished soon. That said, there's been a lil rain lately, so thay might have slowed things up a little. I only live about half hour from DW/WWW and might be heading to the coast tomorrow, so will see if I have time to stop in and take some pics.
Cool thanks.

Richard - just regarding your current WWW article on the main page. I noticed recently that there was another construction update on the WWW site which referred to the 'ups and downs of constructing something as complex as a new waterpark' and also mentioned the training certificate they are creating for the lifeguards. However I recently noticed that they took this update away and replaced it with a whole stack of standard marketing copy (rather than another update story by the Ops Manager). I wonder why this is?

Edited by GoGoBoy

I'll try my best, plans aren't cemented yet though. It's not hard to get down there so if not tomorrow, sometime soon for sure!
If you can't that's ok, we understand :) Maybe they weren't suppose to mention the training for the lifegaurds yet? or maybe they are just 'saving' that update for later on?

I drove past this morning but didn't bother getting out. Here is one of the pictures of the Behemoth Bowl I took from the passenger seat with my phone. Sorry about the quality, I hope it's better than nothing anyway. You can drive past the bowl as it is on the outer edge of the park, behind the OctoRacer and in front of the Cyclone/Tube Slides. It is looking awesome and all together the park is just amazing with the colour. From what I saw inside the park it seems to be very tropical themed and I have read sites that say it is a "shrine to beach culture" so I think we will be seeing a lot of beach themeing. The wall on the wave pool has been painted and it has a rocky theme with the letters WOW or WWW on the top in the mould. There are also no proper roofs on the rides at the top, just shade sails. The entry also seems complete. I think this park should be finished within the next 6 weeks. Hopefully they open it early :] I don't think they will though. Sorry about the dodgy image again. :/ bowl2.jpg Also, I notice with the Tornado it seems to be smaller than the one at WnW, or more narrow. Can anyone confirm this? I don't know if this is because I'm looking at it from the Parkway Access street... but it does seem smaller.

Edited by myk

Yeah haha, sorry. It seems kinda small. It will also not be a drop out bowl like on RCT - it does have one of those little curvy things. I did try to brighten and recontrast the image on photoshop but to none avail. The base for it is complete and all the pieces were around the outside, no sign of themeing on it yet...

I was at Dreamworld today and I definitely think it'll be ready by the 1st of December. They've finished all the paths, buildings, and most gardens. There is only one more slide to be installed too. Not entirely sure what's happening with the themeing but some artificial rock is taking form infront of the wave pool. Unfortunately the batteries in my camera were flat so I couldn't take any photos.

Oh it's no problem with the pic..better than nothing :D

Regarding opening, if I was to put my money on an opening date, I would put it on the 26th of December 2006.
I don't think so. I think it'll be open at least December 10th. If almost everything is done than I can't see them just letting it sit there for another month and a half doing nothing. That in reality, is a waste of money.

On the picture of Whitewater World with the Cyclone infront of it on their website, is there a escaltor-like thing to carry the four-leaf clover rings next to the Tornado? And, i think they are also trying to beat the Jamberoo expansions. On their website they wrote, "with family-style fun in the ultimate Aussie beach paradise.". 1. All Jamberoo Rides are going to be Aussie themed 2. There is a Billabong Beach and at Outback bay there is real sand on their beach. "the most technologically advanced ‘water ride park’ on earth" 1. Outback bay is the most technologically advanced "wave pool" in the world. I assume that they got the quote and replaced it with "water ride park on earth". I think they are trying as hard as they can to beat other water parks by doing a lot of publicily and quotes.