WhiteWater World Construction Discussion

Richard

Yes there is a belt for the rafts on Tornado. Actually I remember reading that WWW have in fact be named the most technological water park in the world, as well as the most water efficient or something..oh here's the quote

just been given the highest rating possible for a waterpark and been ranked as one of the most water efficient waterparks in the world!
So I dont think they've "stolen" anything from Jamberoo..hmm while we're at it let's say they stole the idea of the Tornado from wnw, yes? Can I also ask, why do you keep referencing between www and Jamberoo? Edited by lisalila

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone was saying before about the opening of the park. I think they will open the park at least before december 10, but it will be officially opened at a later date. Like the tornado, its officially opening date was september 16 (i think, please correct me if I am wrong), and they opened it a few days early, but still had its offical opening on the 16th. Would of loved to the first aussie to ride it :lol::P

All tube slides at WhiteWater World with the exception of the "Cyclone" tower with its three standard tube slides will feature conveyor belts so that you won't have to carry your own tubes in the queue. I think you may be reading a little bit too much into it. Obviously they want to make out that it's the best water park out there, that's standard marketing. All of what you've quoted are pretty much standard buzz words that all parks pull out to launch a new attraction. The process of designing theming would have revolved entirely around market research to determine what people respond most favourably to. Jamberoo's expansions will be of minimal concern to WhiteWater World. Water parks are targeted largely at local residents. They have to worry about the competition against Wet'n'Wild before they even think about any other potential competitors. When parks open an attraction before its official opening date it's known as a "soft open". This is to allow staff to become well aquainted with the operating procedures and also work out any kinks that may appear before the official opening date to minimise chances of guests who have visited to ride it from being upset in the event of any issues. An entire park is a whole other matter. They won't publicly open prior to the official opening for one simple reason - no one would go. They will most likely open it privately with staff and families in attendance to figure things out, but don't expect to be able to rock up a week before it opens and be able to visit.

Aww that sucks. Oh well I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Thanks Richard. Also, I thought the slides outside Cyclone were Body Slides.. does this mean (with exception to children's areas and wave pool) ALL slides will be tubed/rafted/matted?

Edited by myk

Yes there is a belt for the rafts on Tornado. Actually I remember reading that WWW have in fact be named the most technological water park in the world, as well as the most water efficient or something..oh here's the quote So I dont think they've "stolen" anything from Jamberoo..hmm while we're at it let's say they stole the idea of the Tornado from wnw, yes? Can I also ask, why do you keep referencing between www and Jamberoo?
Thanks Lisa you saved me from asking the same Q. :D

Today we have a huge update for you on WhiteWater World as it nears completion. http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/gallery.php?gid=159 At 9 pages with a total of 65 images I believe it is the largest single gallery on the site and it's fully captioned with some very interesting new information if you can make it through to the end.

Thanks for posting, Richard! The first drop on the Rocket looks awesome, I loove how you can see the Tornado and Rocket from the entrance and how they are right next to each other. Hehe the bowl reminds me of a UFO. It's good www have high capacity ride's, especially with the Australian firsts.

A look at some of the completed lighting. The extensive lighting should answer questions about whether the park will frequently operate at night.
I think they've made the right choice to operate it at night but do you know if it'll be done every night or just like wnw on a weekend?

As I've mentioned before you're not going to see the park opening prior to the set official opening date. Many attractions have soft openings to work out kinks before there is a surge of people whose sole purpose of visit is to try out the new ride that's been hyped non-stop for the past few weeks. They can do this because there's already guests in the park and it's no stretch for them to just open attractions early. The difference with an entire theme park having a soft opening is there's no pre-existing customers because... the place isn't open yet. Having said this, of course it's natural that they have things like staff and family days and (certainly don't quote me on this; it's hypothetical) annual pass days to work out all the operations issues.

OHHHHH MYYYYY GOD!!!!!!! :o:huh::D . Best waterpark in AUSTRALIA!!! Seriously guys in the next few years, aus coaster enthusiats won't have to go overseas to experience world class attractions. Dreamworld has some of the latest and most up-to-date technology in waterparks. A freakin LIM powered hill instead of a conveyerbelt (this will make the "going up the hill" very smooth - as mensioned in the article). Soon we will be getting a B&M and a hyper-coaster, which is all is needed for me not to spend big $$ on going to another country. Anyway, GO WWW!!!!!!! :D CoasterBoy6 P.S: I'm hoping that the B&M and hyper-coaster will come in the near future (3-4 years). It's not a new rumor or new news.

Edited by Coaster Boy 6

I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned the fact that the Rocket Slide is going to be using LIM technology instead of conveyors. This is huge news. There is no other waterslide in the world which currently uses this system. The park overall is impressive but there are just 2 things that are bothering me. The mural that runs along the front of the entry building is pretty bad. It is a waterpark not an aquarium so why paint so many turtles on the thing? I do however like the way they have themed the other side of the building (facing into the park) with the 'WhiteWater Beach Club'. The other thing which I think doesn't work is the shade structure for the Cyclone tube slides. The roof looks very flimsy and cheap... it is possible to use shade sails and make them look better than that as they have done in other parts of the park. They need to stop it from sagging. Also, what on earth is that giant netting around the tower? It looks like a mosquito net. I assume it's for shade which means all the towers will get it. Not a good look

Edited by GoGoBoy

The LIM system is something that will be amazing to see in action. It seems so logical when you think about it. It'll be far more efficient with much less wear and tear than the conveyor belt systems and the terribly inefficient water-powered versions. My thought for the netting is it is to prevent bored guests in the queue from being tempted to throw things onto Cyclone. It makes sense given the unfortunate nature of insurance these days. It's certainly not attractive, but I assume they had no choice. Anyone else notice the little touches here and there, such as quality wooden railings for the tower queues?

I have my thoughts that the net around the tower near Cyclone is for safety. The Cyclone track is so close, while people are lining up people could throw or drop things onto the track creating an injury. I think its for health and Safety. I dont think the other towers will be getting them. I could be wrong. what do all you others think?

You know with all the idiots in the world I wouldn't be suprised if someone did try and throw something to make a coaster 'go off the tracks' they take camera's on board when it goes upside down so why not try and make a coaster go off the tracks or hurt someone? Can someone explain how the LIM system works, please?

The LIM system is something that will be amazing to see in action. It seems so logical when you think about it. It'll be far more efficient with much less wear and tear than the conveyor belt systems and the terribly inefficient water-powered versions.
WOW! I had to read that about 10 times until I realised it wasn't a joke! Again, wow! Looks like Australia is finally getting all the good things waterpark wise! :D It just keeps getting better! Great news!

OMG! it starting to sink in.... AUSTRALIA HAS A NEW MAJOR THEME PARK! Im so excited. Thanks for the pictures richard, there great! WOW! I'm definately going up next year, wether my friends come or not! The LIM launch is just... I dont know what to expect from it, everyone was complaining how it was going to be convential conveyor belt and not the water jets... haha, we didn't get either! I think it will be great. I didnt like the colours when the slides arrive, but seeing it all together looks great. I can't wait to go to it. Is anyone going to the day it opens? Someone should and get plenty of pictures! The park has made some much progress in the past 2 and half weeks, the rock on the wave pool was only in its first stage of construction. Oh my... this is great, im so excited :P