WhiteWater World Construction Discussion

Richard

These names sound really, uh, crap if you ask me. :huh: I mean the Tornado is going to be called: "The Green Room" - What the hell has it got to do with a waterslide, What is a Green Room? :blink: I don't think these are real names cork. Scan the article and post it up, then we will see if these are official names. ;) I just find them really silly, Therefore, finding it hard to believe!! What do you guys think about the "proposed names"? CoasterBoy6
I can answer that, the park is beach themed. Im a surfer so I know terms, a green room is the barrol in a wave, the funnel is like the barrol and your in it, its like a pun who they are using the colour green and the beach theme and the work, the green room. An example of when green room is used: Woah dude, check out the size of the green room OR Awww man he just got hammered in the green room.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TheGreen Room is a funny name but its not like most guests actually care about the name.

Hahahaha. There is absolutely nothing speedy about that water ride. It's the most over-hyped terrible addition Wet 'n' Wild has ever received. I'd rather sit another exam than have to queue for such a lackluster experience.
My point exactly ;) just because it's called a speed slide doesn't mean it is actually speedy. Good luck with the interview myk.

Thanks for the pics, nice drop!

Do you (personally) feel WWW will increase tourism to Gold Coast/QLD? And, Will the opening of WWW cause DW to have low ticket sales (not that it'd matter)?
Was that directed at me? if so I think it'll do some good to the tourism, most people who go the GC go to visit the theme parks (like myself and my family) and Australian's seem to like being the first in the world to have something, even if its just water slides. I thought maybe they jacked the prices up to recoup the money from WWW but as other's have mentioned they aren't a joint park in those terms. It would be interesting to see if DW do lower thier prices but I think they would only do that if they dont sell a certain amount of tickets and I dont think that will be a problem.

Just in relation to the linear induction motors on the Rocket Slide, I contacted ProSlide and was fortunate enough to receive a response from their very helpful staff.

(...) the system does regulate the speed of the boat going uphill. Unfortunately I cannot say how this is done due to the proprietary nature of the system.
So as we predicted, there is some form of speed regulation. Whether this is through varying currents or simply switching the magnets on/off is unknown (for certain).

Whether this is through varying currents or simply switching the magnets on/off is unknown (for certain).
Great info. Obviously the system will need to be able to differentiate between a heavy boat and a light boat and adjust the average output force as needed. Again, whether this is by variable current or by on/off is anyone's guess. Either way we've got a lot of processing going into determining the boat's speed and it'd come down to which method is more efficient.

I think building another waterpark was a great decision but having all of these (well 2) australian firsts and a world first was an even better decision and I don't think they (macquarie leisure ) will regret it. They've definately set the pace for wnw. Also wanted to say thanks to those of you that have explained how some of those slides work, very interesting for newbie like myself :)

It doesn't seem as though they've set a definitive opening date. According the newly launched website:

WhiteWater World opens in December, the date will be announced closer to the time.
I'm still betting it'll be before Christmas. I can feel it. The park is so finished. Everyday that goes by is another day of lost (opportunistic) revenue.

Oh, I assumed it was a new site, not that one since it was launched about a month ago. Anyway I found this... WWW's annual pass. WhiteWater World's Aqua Max Pass Get unlimited access to WhiteWater World excluding school holiday periods and public holidays. Aqua Max Pass holders are entitled to a 15% discount on food, beverages and merchandise and the chance to bring up to 4 friends to WhiteWater World in the month of their birthday for half price! * Adults: $125* * Children / Seniors / Pensioners / Disabled / Carer: $80* ARE YOU JOKING ME? HOW DODGE. NO SCHOOL HOLIDAYS? LIKE WTF. Also entry will be capped... WhiteWater World visitor numbers are capped to ensure there is no overcrowding. Entry will be on a first come, first served basis. Once the park capacity is reached we cannot permit any further entries.

Edited by myk

Well..the capping makes sense since they are small but the school/public hols thing is crap. I bet they will use that to their advantage "no sorry you have to pay [insert entry price] because it's school holidays" and what about the discounts? will they still work during the school hols or is it no pass whats so ever? ALOT of thier visitors will be parents who have kids/teens in school and can only go during school holidays..

Edited by lisalila