WhiteWater World Construction Discussion

Richard

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2000? Why on Earth would you spend $60mill on a water park and limit entry to 2000? I realise there needs to be a cap, and for good reason, but 2000? I seriously doubt its that low, and if it is that low, then THAT will be the reason you haven't seen an ad for the place yet. When WnW can pull between 6000 and 8000 on a busy day in summer then 2000 just seems so under done.

Well if you compare the capacities of both Parks: Count each slide/attraction of WnW individually, I get 32? WWW has a total of 17. If WNW can handle 6000 - 8000 a day with extended trading then I guess WWW's capacity would be between 3,000 - 4,000 based on similar trading. Given it's relative smaller size as well, I'd say 3,000 would be the cap.

The framework for the BRO cover has gone up. Half the shade over the GR and STHC is also up, with a top section of the sunsail to go over the top. Also they seemed to be continuing to film advertising today, with a dog headed person running around at the base of the Rip.

More than half, only the spit can have dogs on the beach or something. I think it will be a weird add with people with dog heads but it will look funny. On the website there are people with dog heads. This was off the website "Us dogs loved playing in the white water of the beach ... but then the "No Dogs Allowed" signs popped up! We were bummed at first, but decided to create a world where everyone could feel the wild rush of white water. We took the world’s best ride technology and created a water park that's all about Aussie beach culture. With the most extreme waterslides and fun for the whole family, we bring you WhiteWater World … "

Edited by aidan

Just wondering, can anyone work out what this is trying to say?

When a river-mouth dredging project connected Snapper Rocks, Greenmount and Kirra into one flawless right-hander, it was the happiest accident in the history of the Gold Coast – a new super ride was born!
I guess Im on the outer with surfing terms. And while this is a little late, I wonder why they decided to go with the name White Water World given the parks beach theme, White Water is something you associate with rivers and forests and the like. It seems odd they passed up on Bluewater Bay (One of the mooted options), especially considering we have awkward named things popping up at the park such as "Whit Water Beach Club :huh: . But like I said its a bit late now.

It's funny how in some respects the theming works well and in others they have just completely missed the target. The 'dogs' are an example of where the theming has gone wrong. I'd say Atomiq is just trying to be a little too left of centre for a family theme park at times. Better weird theming than no theming at all though I reckon. Gazza - remember the reason they did not call it Bluewater Bay is because of this - http://www.bluewaterbay.com.au

Edited by GoGoBoy

Gazza: Its based on how the surf breaks, basically the surf breaks in one direction perfectly, right to left I believe in the surfers perspective. These waves are excellent for surfing, due to a surfer being able to maintain one direction of movement across the wave, without the wave colliding with them when breaking from the opposite direction. These breaks is what made Kirra beach into an icon, up until the sand bypassing project at D'Bah, with the new "Superbank" surpassing Kirra, in having the best breaks. The dog heads are awful, but fortunately I believe that they are only an advertising feature, and not included in in park theming.

Well for those that have been feeling a little starved of WhiteWater World photo updates recently, you can find a number of great photos in the Macq Leisure annual general meeting report at http://www.macquarie.com.au/au/property/ac...ddress_2006.pdf There are a few pages of photos. I am particularly impressed with the theming of the wave pool, that is one area where they really got the theming right. The cave wall looks brilliant and I love the 3 waterfalls

Gazza: Its based on how the surf breaks, basically the surf breaks in one direction perfectly, right to left I believe in the surfers perspective. These waves are excellent for surfing, due to a surfer being able to maintain one direction of movement across the wave, without the wave colliding with them when breaking from the opposite direction. These breaks is what made Kirra beach into an icon, up until the sand bypassing project at D'Bah, with the new "Superbank" surpassing Kirra, in having the best breaks. The dog heads are awful, but fortunately I believe that they are only an advertising feature, and not included in in park theming.
Thanks for that :) So, is a 'Right Hander' one of those waves where it doesnt break all at once, but sort of along the wave, with one end breaking while the next bit along is still curling over and so on?