WhiteWater World Construction Discussion

Richard

WWW just feels so much better than any other Gold Coast parks to be in (MovieWorld is the only one that sorta comes close to this), the design and themeing, especially around the entrance is excellent. In comparison, the whole quality perception makes it feel alot better than Wet'n'Wild, mainly because it is new. Its also the small details that count... the painted cement, the general enquirys, the signs on the toilets all really give to the park. The park could also effectively double its land from what you can see on the otherside of the ToH. Also there is some space for other rides... A new slide could come of the Huey tower for instance. In my opinion, WWW is better than WnW now, but in a few more years, with the addition of some major rides like some of the major Proslides and a lazy river WWW will surely be better than WnW in most peoples books, as long as they keep up the current standard.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. I think for many people, quality over quantity will be the deciding factor. WWW doesn't feel pokey nor do its attraction have a 'ride only once or twice then you're sick of them' factor. Not to mention that the park is brand-spanking new and not slightly rundown and standard of technology much higher. And if I was a family, being able to hop between WWW & DW would be more attractive than WNW & MW: easier to do too :)
Yep esp if you don't have transport. This will work in WWW & DW's favour.

The park could also effectively double its land from what you can see on the otherside of the ToH. Also there is some space for other rides... A new slide could come of the Huey tower for instance. In my opinion, WWW is better than WnW now, but in a few more years, with the addition of some major rides like some of the major Proslides and a lazy river WWW will surely be better than WnW in most peoples books, as long as they keep up the current standard.
An interesting point, but its basically banking on WnW not doing anything while WWW sort of "catches up" with its attraction stock. One of WWWs major claims at the moment is that it is "home to all 4 of the worlds hottest slides".Now presently WnW has 1 of them, but it isnt too unfathomable that WnW might go ahead and match what WWW has. They certainly have the space, something WWW is going to have difficulty with. And with the theming, can someone sort of describe the sort of things there? And is it sort of a hapazard approach where they have basically gotten everything they can to do with the beach and scattered it around, or have they been more realistic in trying to create a convincing beach environment? If its close to MW standards then that is definitley promising, maybe MLT have learned how to theme :P. Its good though they have made the effort, WnW doesnt really theme anymore, which for me is dissapointing, the fact WWW have done it well makes up for the fewer number of attractions.