Richard

Construction underway on Movie World's newest ride

253 posts in this topic

I personally dont mind if its a small space, as has been mentioned it will improve the ride to be close to SE. There is also the advantage of having less area that they have to worry about theming, so they could concerntrate on details etc.

Well, im my opinion the amount of space for this ride is enough. NOt like Movie World is going to heavily theme it! BTW, LOL at Gazza's signature!

And, how can you be sure of this? Movie World has a great repuation for Theming, and this ride shouldn't be any different. The only slight blunder was Superman, but the ride is still brilliant. So maybe you should think before you say stuff like that, cause i'm fairly sure that Movie World is going to want this done very well.

Not really, If you look it's actually quite a big area, and space shot's dont take up a heap of room, Sure the theming might not be disney standards, but it doesn't have to be world class, hey they might not theme it, just go for a midway style look, with some glass roofs just to make it look like a city, i dont know, but i can gaurantee that it will look good.

So maybe you should think before you say stuff like that, cause i'm fairly sure that Movie World is going to want this done very well.
In you're own words...how can you be sure of that? and didn't alot of people say "Superman should be themed greatly" or something??
Hmmm... i would laugh if it opens November 20, Birthday pressie for me!
Early November isnt Nov 20th.. Edited by lisalila

Well by international standards SM:E is well themed. It's just that its not up to standard compared to the other MW rides. Thankfully its a really good ride which kinda makes up for what the themeing lacks. Like I've said in the past, if the extent of Batwing is a bare loading area with a few batman logos around I really won't mind so long as its painless to get on and ride.

But who says you have to sacrafice good theming for loading convenience? I know its just a drop ride, but i disagree, i love good theming on anything and i dont feel they would be over doing it by theming it well, and while i wouldnt expect anything up to WWF or SDSC, the loading area should still look good, and the queue should have decent theming since its lower capacity could cause longer lines than their other thrill rides.

Edited by Gazza

the private plans ive seen have a nice gotham park look. part of the theming will be plaza type for families like the gotham city of the new movies. That the way the Wanye family would have wanted it.

Well I hope to have all the details on the theming for this ride within the next week after catching up with some people in the know... Will keep everyone posted

My understanding of the delays for this ride is that they're from S&S and relate to the fabrication of the ride. I can't see any reason that theming would be at all a factor at this relatively early stage of construction, or that it could cause any significant delays if properly planned.

Warner Bros. Movie World sure does pop out their rides fast-I didn't know Superman ESCAPE was coming out until September last year when I saw and ad on MSN, and even then I thought it was for a foreign park! How do they construct them so quickly?? I also think theming very much adds to the atmosphere and thrill of the ride....and Movie World is very good at theming., and I hope they do well with this ride. Theming is something places like Luna Park and even local fetes and fairs lacks, one of the reasons why I don't like either of those places. By the way is Batwing the name of the ride?