Construction underway on Movie World's newest ride

Richard

Well of course it's going to stay that colour! It's batman themed! Look at Doctor Doom at IOA, it's the same colours. It's actualy a very smart colour choice, black shows up too much dirt and fades too quickly. This colour will have a lot more longevity and require less frequent re-painting. Remember this is only the tower, we don't know what colours they are going to do all the air tanks inside it yet. I'm most interested to see how they theme the gondola itself. I will be real dissapointed if it's the typical S&S car with a vinyl banner around it...

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, all this complaining about a grey tower and not a mention of the TOT :rolleyes: This was what i was expecting, but im still wondering what sort of grey it is, im hoping its a fairly dark grey similar to LW, it will give it that industrial cast iron look perfectly. As for that giant piston thing that goes up the middle, maybe a red-orange colour (similar to what is on the signage for the ride), either that or grey again. I have no issues with the colours, it will make it look dark and imposing, the exact sort of look you want, and as Adam said, fitting with gotham city. You have to trust MWs judgement, they dont make ugly rides, unlike some other parks...... Im not expecting too much for the car sorry djrappa. MWs other thrill rides arent that heavy with vehicle theming, id expect something on the level of SEs trains. On another note, one thing they might do to the tower is put panels on it (like maliboomer at DCA), which could help with the theme. Edit: Just saw Rabids pics, that shade of grey looks cool too, reminds me of some of those European coasters.

Edited by Gazza

I think Movie World should certainly be congratulated for choosing to add this ride. We have all had discussions in the past that a few more flat rides are what Movie World needs to really make it the best park. Most agreed that the quality of their rides was top notch, people simply wanted more rides. Well the park has essentially responded with exactly what we were hoping for. I think it's a very positive move and hope to see more of the same over the next few years and not another long 'ride drought'

Well it depends, Scooby and Road Runner have exceptionally well themed vehicles so I don't know how much of an argument there is there. Plus with the tower we're not talking about a vehicle as such but more an integral part of the tower. I would personally like to see some sort of fibreglass shell to the Gondola than the usual cheap signage they get. This is the closest the park has gone to an off the shelf flat so far so we want them to do all they can to make it anything but.

Edited by joz

I never said I wanted it gross colours. I think it would be great if it was painted a dark batman colour. I think that would be more of a batman theme, yeh that is so extreme. I just think if it was left grey they would be slacking off, and you say movie world would be theming it good if they left it grey is a stupid thing too say. Aswell am I the only one who doesnt want it bland grey? If it was themed to a grey building that would be bad.
I really don't care what colour it's painted. I do know MW will make it look good though so let's just wait and see!

you say movie world would be theming it good if they left it grey is a stupid thing too say
You obviously seem to think that grey is the default colour for this type of ride. It's not. They are not simply "leaving" it grey; it has been painted that specific colour deliberately to allow for a Gotham City theme.

So in case anyone didn't know construction went Vertical last night. The only errected one piece of the tower but I would expect construction to progress quite quickly now. There are 3 pieces remaining in the car park and I would guess another shipment wouldn't be far away. The bottom section does have two small air cylinders mounted to it which match the grey colour of the tower. My guess would be that this will mean all the hardware inside the tower will also be in the same grey colour.

So in case anyone didn't know construction went Vertical last night. The only errected one piece of the tower but I would expect construction to progress quite quickly now. There are 3 pieces remaining in the car park and I would guess another shipment wouldn't be far away. The bottom section does have two small air cylinders mounted to it which match the grey colour of the tower. My guess would be that this will mean all the hardware inside the tower will also be in the same grey colour.
Sounds good. Has there been a definite opening date released for this ride? I'm going up to QLD in december, and will be heading to MW on the 4th December. Is it likely to be open by then?

I'd say it probably is, but the BW is meant to be themed to the new Batman movies, wheras the Batman adventure are themed to the older Batman movies. Another thing that is interesting, does anyone know where the queue path for BW will go? The only place I can think of is to go around the back of the Batman adventure. I don't think it would fit between SE and the BA. Unless they connect it to the paths underneath the SE.

Edited by Swanny

Here are some closer and better looking pictures of the first part of construction and some of the tower in the car park. Also, there were 2 cargo things (sorry I had a mind blank and can't remember the name of them). As you can see by the welding machine and welding screen, they were welding, I'm not sure what they were welding, but it was inside at the bottom of the tower, and unfortunatly you couldn't even see when riding the S.E post-1145-1160803681_thumb.jpg post-1145-1160803864_thumb.jpg I really wanted to know what the green sticker said, but for some reason, there were security gaurds watching me... I went to go closer and the went right off at me. post-1145-1160804010_thumb.jpg post-1145-1160804256_thumb.jpg

Thanks mickey for the photos! It wouldn't surprise me if Movie World has hired round the clock security to watch over the ride's parts to ensure they don't get vandalised (which would cause further delays and cost the park money). I'm assuming the queue for the new ride will be quite close to Batman Adventure – The Ride 2 but hopefully not too close so that it confuses guests. We're likely to see a bit of Gotham City themeing not just on the ride but extending to the ride's immediate surroundings (think 'Batman Land'). The park did a great job with the Wild West area of the park (as well as Looney Tunes). I wonder if this will become the third themed area of the park. It's certainly justified with two Batman rides in such close proximity. Hopefully Batman Adventure – The Ride 2 (is it really necessary for them to keep plugging the two?) will see a slight themeing refresh to tie in with the new ride. The current façade is laughable compared with the rest of the park's top quality themeing.

lol thank you for clearing that up for me t-bone. As for the pictures they were no problem. Did anyone notice the dint on the right hand canister? I wonder what happened there. Oh I realised to that the first picture is a pretty good picture, you can see the lethal weapon, superman escape, batman ride (well the stage its in), AND batwin space shot, lol, its all there:P Oh I miss movie world... actually I miss the gold coast! :( Yeah I think it would be great if they made that area another themed area... Hey, the theming for S.E, I thought they would of had more theming around the area of the ride, but then, theres not much you could add. I love the rushing water and the taxi and cop car in the subway tunnel before the launch. What are you suggestions of the contents of that shipping container adam?

oh dude but when you live in Cessnock, the gold coast would be alot better to live at. Yeah I know, my sister was anoying me, she was like, im not going on that with a dink in it, and im like SHUT UP I TOLD YOU BEFORE, ITS THE AIR CANISTER! IT DOESNT MATTER! lol or does it? like i said, how do you think it happened?