Construction underway on Movie World's newest ride

Richard

This might sound "nooby" - but what is WVTP? :S I'm sure I know what your talking about in expanded form... *dunce* Oh yeah... this looks awesome!! I will def. be going on this... if I have the guts. @Swanny - I think 2 or 3 weeks before the ride opens you'll start seeing some adds, but probably not before. It is x-mas season after all, and while I'm not a hot-shot marketing guru, I'm sort of thinking advertising Batwing (and WWW?) now won't be as effective considering people are looking at spending their money on Christmas prezzies and such. Hard to make sense of, but AFTER christmas you'll probably get a flock of ads. Probably... I'm probably way off. :unsure:

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might sound "nooby" - but what is WVTP? :S I'm sure I know what your talking about in expanded form... *dunce* Oh yeah... this looks awesome!! I will def. be going on this... if I have the guts. @Swanny - I think 2 or 3 weeks before the ride opens you'll start seeing some adds, but probably not before. It is x-mas season after all, and while I'm not a hot-shot marketing guru, I'm sort of thinking advertising Batwing (and WWW?) now won't be as effective considering people are looking at spending their money on Christmas prezzies and such. Hard to make sense of, but AFTER christmas you'll probably get a flock of ads. Probably... I'm probably way off. :unsure:
WVTP= WARNER VILLAGE THEME PARKS well i think, if I am wrong please correct me guys On the subject of abreviations... what is IMO? I cant wait until the tower starts raising. Do they have to put the gondola on the bottom tower before erecting the rest of the towers pieces?

Maybe Warner's arne't advertising the Batwing ride properly until they can be sure it will be ready to open come christmas time. There would be nothing worse than a delayed opening when all the advertising $$ have been spent on marketing the ride. Any photos of construction?
Guh! Why didn't I think of that. Also why WWW isn't advertising too (or at least that should be the reason). And yep, try ozcoaster.net

This might sound "nooby" - but what is WVTP? :S I'm sure I know what your talking about in expanded form... *dunce* Oh yeah... this looks awesome!! I will def. be going on this... if I have the guts. @Swanny - I think 2 or 3 weeks before the ride opens you'll start seeing some adds, but probably not before. It is x-mas season after all, and while I'm not a hot-shot marketing guru, I'm sort of thinking advertising Batwing (and WWW?) now won't be as effective considering people are looking at spending their money on Christmas prezzies and such. Hard to make sense of, but AFTER christmas you'll probably get a flock of ads. Probably... I'm probably way off.
One reason to start advertising before the ride opens is to give the public another reason to go there. And to show the public they're just not doing anything.

Advertising an unopened ride too early may actually decrease attendance in the build up to the ride opening. I think it's a much better strategy to advertise a newly opened attraction, something which the general public can act on immediately (by visiting the park and riding it) instead of just marking a calendar and avoiding the park until then.

omg finally. this is gonna be awesome. i may drive past this weekend and take a snap outside my car window. also when talking about advertising, does anyone remember the show "yasmin's getting married?" probably not because it lasted 2 nights. this was blamed to be because of the huge build up to the show - 3 months in advertising. this could be deemed as detrimental for WWW or Batwing's advertising.

Edited by myk

Its not really the same. The reason Yasmins getting married got axed was because it was a crap show that nobody was interested in. And a show is expendable, it can be disposed of at any time. And often when a show like this goes, its gone for good. Compare this with a thrill ride or an new water park, we have had virtually no real "flop" attractions. I doubt a ride can be drastically overhyped to the extent people dont like it. Also they arent going to just close down a whole new ride or a water park in the same way 10 axed Yasmin. They would merely change their marketing approach if the park didnt get the needed visitors.

Edited by Gazza

Here is a small update with some pics I got as I drove past Moveiworld of Batwing. You can see it very clearly now, and I think they still have to add 2 or 3 more pieces. Its Deff a Eye catcher from the Highway. Some pics from Different Angles: http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1179/dsc01978al3.jpg http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/5378/dsc01980mj2.jpg http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/6023/dsc01983db6.jpg http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/4003/dsc01985se3.jpg Cheers B)

Hey Myk, Rabid said the Tower was at 52 metres Thursday night and last night it was topped off so I guess it depends on when the pic was taken? Mattcrombie also said he thought two or three pieces still needed to be added in his post. 60 metres would make it pretty much twice the height of LW and 20 metres higher than Superman, which judging by the photos looks pretty much to be the case. They still need to go back and finish off the top though and dress it up a little as I'm sure they will.