Construction underway on Movie World's newest ride

Richard

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at Movieworld today. The top is in. Looks awesome. The batwing logo on all 4 sides around the top. Theres a giant spotlight on the roof of the control building (assumption) that is aimed at the top of the tower. The air tubes are in. The gondola is in, seats and restraints are in. Work was continuing around the base of the ride, and as we left the park there was also work happening at the very top of the tower. A new arch was being installed. It fits with the Gotham City theming. Colours appear to be Black Tower, with Grey/Dark Grey Pneumatics. A Darker Grey Gondola, with Black seats and Yellow restraints. Open by December 06 is looking good to me.
TAKE THAT GAZZA! I suggested that and you said they wouldnt do it because its to hard and its most likely impossible.. hehe

I think Gazza might've injected a little sarcasm into his reasoning:

Yes, there has been this long running problem engineers have had. It seems normal rules dont apply, and despite the fact that a space shot is essentially a strong steel frame attaching signs to it simply wont work. It has to do with variations in the earths magnetic field causing weakness in the structure....
The logo does look insane though. Edited by Adam

I thought about that too, but I think it ultimatley comes down to the tight spot it is in. Either that or simply minimising the outlay for the ride. I wonder though if it would work out cheaper to simply staff BWSS at a higher level to keep things flowing nicley rather than building an extra tower?

I seen a Advert in a Brisbane Magazine today showing all the new Summer Attractions, they Showed the Concept art for the Gondola's for space shot, its like a bat mobile picture above the seats with the Batwing logo all over it. Looks ok. Don't know if any of you knew either, Batwing was planned to be built where the Lethal Weapon cue area is, and they were to rip everything out and realized that it would have been a a lot of work, so they thought next to superman and batman 2 would suit. But next years attraction is going in the lethal weapon cue area, as they want to use there areas that aren't being used and get the most of the space.

If it was/is going in the Lethal Weapon queue area, does this mean the ride/attraction will be incorporated into the 'China Town' theming? Or, will it have something to do with Lethal Weapon? I think it'd be pretty stupid and random to place an attraction/ride into the 'China Town'/Lethal Weapon section and not theme it to suit it. I would have rather have seen 2 towers go up for BWSS. Maybe, one tower where is now, And the other around the back of the Batman Ride 2?

myk, not really. The queue lines would (hopefully) according to videos that I've seen of this ride really short. Think about it, GD's ride time includes; It getting hoisted up the 13 story tower, hanging up there for something like 40 seconds and then, finally falling. BWSS, will simply launch straight up. This is why it's called Batwing Space'shot' as you completely have no waiting for the time of it getting hoisted up the tower, and so on.

the bat wing ride is not really a space shot even though the name insists it is, it really is a combo tower ride, it will launch you straight up after it weighs your car and then once up there you will stay up the top for a short while and then it will then pull you down faster than gravity :o

I'm confused.. How do you fall faster then gravity, when the gravity is pulling you back down?! :blink::huh: Also, I'm not saying they're lying or wrong. But this could be a lot of gobbles-wad. Has anyone else heard about this? Is there anymore updates going on with the BWSS?

Edited by Chaos-Maniac